• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Want to be smarter?

T

twilyth

Here's is a strange little game that has been proven to increase fluid intelligence - "the ability to reason and solve new problems, which is a crucial element of general intelligence."

I honestly don't understand the difference between fluid and general intelligence, but "practicing this kind of task for about 20 minutes each day for 20 days significantly improves performance on a standard test of fluid intelligence." "And this improvement lasted for up to three months."

If there are any psych majors here who what to explain what is going on and why this technique works, I'd be very interested.

Here is the program's home page on Sourceforge.net.

From there you can go to the download page as well as get more info on the program and the research behind it. The game is not at all self-explanatory so you will have to go through the tutorial (something I haven't done yet).

I did see that there are a huge variety of game modes involving shape, position, images and various auditory clues.

If anyone checks it out, please share your experiences here.

System Name Norfree
Processor i5 3570k @4.4
Motherboard Gigabyte UD5H
Cooling 212 Evo
Memory 4x4GB Kingston 1600 @ 1833 9cl
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro Fury
Storage Corsair SSD, WD Black
Display(s) 1080p TV
Case Corsair 300-R
Audio Device(s) Auzentech Prelude > Fidelio X2s and AD-700s
Power Supply PCP&C Silent 950w
Software Win 10 Pro 64
I was hoping for something that requires less work. For what is better than being smart + being lazy?

The human intelligence is based on memory so being able to improve reaction times and memory is PROVEN to increase intelligence.

The_Ish

Processor Intel i7 2600K
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V Pro
Cooling Corsair H60
Memory 12GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 580 DirectCU II
Storage Corsair F120 SSD +9,5TB storage
Display(s) Dell U2410
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Software Win 7 x64
Benchmark Scores I only care about practical performance.
It's not just memory. I have a terrible general memory, yet i meet people everyday worth facepalming.. But with that said, I'm sure it can help. There is a lady, American i believe, who for some reason remembers everything since she was 9, and shes like 40-50 today. I'm in no mood for research but shouldn't be to hard to find. Also, Kim Peek isn't smart, he just has an incredible ability to recite what he reads.

edit/ Couldn't help myself lol http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=4813052&page=1