1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

War Thunder - MMO Flight Sim

Discussion in 'Games' started by ShiBDiB, Aug 19, 2012.

1. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
  2. burebista

burebista

Thanks Received:
    Yesterday I've spend a little time on dev server (it was opened for a couple of hours) and new stuff appears under my Fw 190 A5 wings. :D

[​IMG]

In case you don't notice those are 4 20 mm cannons with additional 500 ammo. :eek:

Patch 1.33 will be a big one. Numerous changes to planes and interface (now we have upgrades for every plane, not only engine and polish fuselage). And a lot of stuff.
    In fact those are preliminary notes for yesterday dev patch.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
    Conti027 and MT Alex say thanks.
  3. Conti027

Conti027

Thanks Received:
    When will we be able to pick what game mode we get to play. I only want to play Domination maps. I don't care for Ground Strike and I'm sure there are people that feel the other way around.
  4. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Got 'er whoa'd up just in the nick 'o time:eek:

[​IMG]
    Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
  5. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
  6. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    I try so hard to enjoy this game... It's just so incredibly annoying how every time I get in a fun dogfight some random third party kills me in 1 hit... (pilot unconscious.. wing explodes.. etc..)
  7. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Not to mention the damn rammers, especially the ones that slam into you from behind, often times your own team mates. And don't get me started on the Yak-9T. That being said, this has been my go to game as of late.
  8. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Same, though I try to pick my battles as best I can. Get high and look for a guy on his own or breaking away from the rest of the pack. It's logical going about it that way but I get too impatient and just want to blow up some sucker.
  9. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
  10. burebista

burebista

Thanks Received:
    Guys my humble advice from a rookie pilot: try HB.
    I don't want to praise it but it's another story compared to Arcade.
    Yes sometimes MM is "funny", yes you have to wait a little more from time to time to enter the battle, yes is it looks boring to climb for 5 minutes or to return to base to refill/repair, yes repairs are skyrocketing but also yes the rewards are boosted, yes the gameplay is much more intense and yes no more ramming or half of team chasing after a plane.

FM and DM also are different (in a good way for me).

And to overcome the repair costs my tactic is simple: play with all my planes from all nations until they are broke and let them auto-repair until next day (pumping some XP for repair/rank skills doesn't hurt for this). Rinse and repeat.
    It works flawless for planes until Tier 9 because above Tier 9 auto-repair starts to last for 2 days or more.
    I found my sweet spot at Tier 9. MM is fine in HB usually, repairs are bearable and fun is over the roof too. :D
    But I can play my Tier 10/11 planes too. Not so often but it's doable. Depends how good you play in that match.
  11. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Tried this game a bit but come to decision its the same game as world of tanks only with planes.Didnt catch me :(
  12. burebista

burebista

Thanks Received:
    Basically yes, is like WoT but with planes, you must shoot stuff.
    But the whole game mechanics is different compared to WoT. WT is more simulation orientated.
    Even you don't like planes stick around because somewhere in September Gaijin will bring tanks. On same philosophy, simulation orientated. It will be fun (I guess).
  13. burebista

burebista

Thanks Received:
    Today is the patch day.

Server Maintenance

Servers will be unavailable due to Updating to 1.33 from 09:00 GMT to 12:00 GMT (02:00 to 05:00 PDT).
  14. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Sweet! Downloading now.
  15. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I played for the first time the other night with some TPU members. It was pretty fun and easy to pick up. I placed in the top 3 in the first match I ever played.
  16. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Well, hell. In case you weren't already sick and tired of the Yak-9t, they added a 9K which has a 45mm cannon. Sheesh.

The new weapons tab and modifications are kind of neat, I was skeptical when I was reading about them. I'm not sure how much I'm going to like having to reequip shell racks, though.
  17. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Haven't played yet, but I already curse the Yak-9K.
    Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.
  18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
  19. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I found this kind of intriguing, and am going to give it a shot.

EDIT: Works great on a second monitor. Pretty nifty.

Also, the game menus look much different at the new higher res, text and icons are much smaller.
  20. burebista

burebista

Thanks Received:
    They borked my Hispano's. Now I cannot fire more than 1.5 sec. without gun jamming despite 80% maintenance skill and last upgrade for cannon. :cry:

Otherwise I spend a lot for upgrades for my preferred planes and I like the patch until now.

Also my P-47 is in a good shape after this patch. At last it has a nice FM and WEP is working. Those combined with 0.50 MG's buff brings me this in my first game with it after patch.

[​IMG]
  21. erocker

Thanks Received:
    I'm very happy with the P-47 treatment. I also like that there is a 2nd p-47 now. :D
  22. burebista

burebista

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I saw it. Do you have any idea if something is improved compared with first one?
  23. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Well, judging by the feedback over at the Warthunder forums, I'm not the only one that thinks this new patch is pretty crappy. I've spent a butt load of silver lions just getting my planes back to as good as they were, and many load out options and pylons that were unlocked before are not now. I'm missing the days of 1.29, it seems like things get wonky after each major patch, people get used to that, and then they get all jacked up again after the next patch.
    Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.
  24. Conti027

Conti027

Thanks Received:
    Gaijin has a thing about making the game worse and worse each patch. I like the new set up in the patch but I'm also blowing a lot of lions
  25. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I agree, if I was a brand new player I think I would be very pleased with the upgrade. I guess I'll just forget about the old days and try and enjoy the new stuff.