1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Warning about Diamond Multimedia 825Mhz 1GB DDR4 series of cards!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by R-T-B, Sep 14, 2007.

1. R-T-B

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, only issue with those ones now is price... I could practically go watercooling for that kind of money. Albeit only for one computer, but still.

I'm considering, but where I'll get the money, only god knows.
  2. R-T-B

Thanks Received:
    Ok, somehow I came up with the money, and know I have the heatsinks here. One question though, should I use the thermal paste that comes with them, or is AS5 just fine for this? I have a tube of Arctic Silver laying around but I heard it is conductive, that won't hurt anything will it?

Please do let me know, I'm itching to get these things on. Thanks in advance!
  3. d44ve New Member

Thanks Received:
    AS5 is just fine.... just dont go crazy with it and have it push out the sides and all over the cards

EDIT : BTW, where are that you can buy three of these cards.... but cant afford the shipping to canada?
    R-T-B says thanks.
  4. R-T-B

Thanks Received:
    Technically I don't own all of them, I did this for me and a friend and we put our money together, so I own two. And I spent all my money on those two, I'm broke.
  5. miamimuscleboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey I have the same issue although diamond is just a reseller there all still ati cards, COJ and others have major artifacts white flashes etc when you run dx10 ALTHOUGH ATI STILL CLAIMS THE 7.10 DRIVERS HAVE COMPLETELY ELIMINATED COJ TEXTURE CORRUPTION---YEAH RIGHT AGAIN BOYS. I HAVE A MODDED BIOS FOR THE DIAMOND ATI 512'S THAT AT HAVE BUT I CAN DO IT FOR THE 1GB'S TOO I RUN 775 CORE AND 999 GHZ ON MEMORY STOCK AND ITS FINE BUT ALSO MY E6750 IS AT 3.7 4-4-4-9 920MHZ DDR2 SOMTIMES THE CARDS AND DX 10 GAMES DONT LIKE THE CPU OVERCOCKING AS WELL , ITS ALL NOT OPTIMIZED YET. BUT THE BIOS I HAVE RUNS THE FANS AT 70% (ITS ENOUGHT WITH A WELL VENTELATED FULL TOWER, MY CARD NEVER GETS OVER 75C WHICH IS RARELY BUT IF YOU CAN DEAL WITH ALL THAT NOISE AT 100% ILL PUT IT FOR YOU. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WANT AS FAR AS MEM OVERCLOCK BECAUSE BIOS MODDING ON A CARD THAT MAY NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE A HIGH CLOCK TO START WILL FAIL. I WOULD SUGGEST 999 OR LESS YOU CAN STILL USE AMD GPU TOOL TO CLOCK IT HIGHER LATER IF IT WILL TAKE IT
  6. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    So... RTB are you saying that RMA is out of the option? Contacting Diamond or AMD would be a good option.