1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Warning About New Razer Products

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by xenocide, Nov 8, 2012.

1. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    So anybody for hose new thermaltakes mice? They don't phone home and store your settings in the mouse.
  2. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    Oh really? I have Synapse 2.0 installed now.

It's only required for you to sign up once, and then after that, you don't have to have the program connect again. It's only needed if you want to have your settings saved in the "cloud". Which I sure as heck don't.

[​IMG]
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. BazookaJoe

BazookaJoe

Thanks Received:
    Why the should you have to "DO" anything at all?!

The fact that you have to do anything at all is already enough to invalidate the product. This is not an OPTION that you can chose here, this is enforced on all customers and installs, and that is flat out retarded. Do they just give you free mice and then depend on an ad-supported driver to pay for your fantastic new hardware? NO YOU PAY and you pay a lot! And after you pay for it it's STILL not yours, and you are still not allowed to use it without their PERMISSION? And even then if their permission server happens top be offline you can STILL get bent? even if you DO have the internet?

"Oh its OK if everything works like sh!t and tries to screw up your life - you can disable it by buggering around under the hood"

OR... Razer can go to hell and take their garbage with them.

When I think of how many times I supported them... promoted their products... RECOMMENDED THEM to friends... then they just turn around and screw me like this? I feel so filthy *cry* so used*sob*

.. This is Blizzard allover again... Boo Hoo Hoo *tears*
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    basically with synapse, if you don't phone home the first time and activate your mouse you can't use the included mouse software period, after that you can use it as you please, it does not function with reduced options offline, but once you activate it your good.

edit

edward said it first o_O:cry: I MUST READ
    Radical_Edward says thanks.
  5. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    Don't get me wrong, I completely agree that it's BS I had to do that. But for people like us, it's not that hard deal with.

Needless to say they won't be getting any of my money in the future, unless they change things accordingly. Which, if anyone's looked at their FB page recently, I hope they just might get the hint.

I like my Gigabyte mouse, works great. Nice simple software that's not even required to use the On the fly DPI switching. I just use it for the profiles.

GIGABYTE GM-M8000X Rubber Black 7 Buttons USB Wire...

:rockout:
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    thanks for the heads up... i saw this on my friend's mouse - he just ordered one of the naga mice, and his driver suite does this. :/

so stupid. I love my death adder, but that might be my last Razer product.
  7. exodusprime1337

exodusprime1337

Thanks Received:
    Yeah i don't run the synapse software for my black widow ultimate, only because i don't need my gpu's stuck in 3dmode all the time.. i don't even install it for my keyboard anymore.. I get the fact that they want you to install it, but it doesn't impede your ability to use the mouse if it's a: not installed, or b: installed bu you aren't online.
    Radical_Edward says thanks.
  8. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    I haven't had that issue, but I also would have uninstalled Synapse at that point. :shadedshu
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Fkn hell!

I have a Razer Mamba mouse and have got to say that it is an excellent mouse but that will be the first and last Razer product that I ever own.

I can't imagine that Razer's shareholders are going to be happy about this once word gets around and the full financial impact is felt.
  10. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    5/6 of the razer mice i have bought no longer fully work they skip or the click is broken of them. I like the look of them but hate how long they last. Now i have another reason not to buy from them.
  11. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
    cant you bypass and just install driver or use generic driver in windows without software ?