1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

warranty void if removed sticker Q

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by PuMA, Mar 2, 2008.

1. PuMA

PuMA New Member

Thanks Received:
    so i did a stupid thing and placed a thermal diode on top of the "warranty void if removed sticker" and ofcourse it was cut in half. so i took a see-through tape and put the 2 peices together and glued it on the side of the card. theres a couple of numbers missing on that sticker and I´m asking could this be a problem if a have to RMA the card later (or maybe sell it)

2. Oliver_FF

Oliver_FF New Member

Thanks Received:
    I suppose if you haven't taken it off, then you haven't removed it?

Or did you take it off to tape it together again?

3. PuMA

PuMA New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah i took it off because it was in 2 peices, and taped it back on, on the side of the card.

the "removed" word isn´t a prob here IMO. its just spelled that way so that ppl wont take it off and throw it on the trashcan. Im more concerned about all the numbers in the S/N not showing.

4. largon

largon

Thanks Received:
    "Warranty void if removed"
    Says nutting about cutting it in half...
    :p

But it's a whole another problem now since you cut and removed it...

Missing parts of the serial number might be problem though.

5. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    You removed it, the sticker says warranty void if removed. I don't understand where it gets vague.
    Then again since you haven't told us what the sticker is on there is no way we could tell you how strict the company is in these cases.

6. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    wait computer parts have those things still, last thing like that i saw was on a new Gateway in like 99 on the side panel that said warranty void if seal is broken.

7. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderator™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah you didn't tell us on what part of the pc the sticker was? I think it's still there on HDD's... but I'm not sure.

Yes, candle the P4 I had bought in 2001 had stickers on the side panel. I couldn't remove them otherwise I'd lose the warranty. :ohwell: After the 2 years passed, I opened up the case and found a mess, of wires, dust, cobwebs, mosquitoes in the cobwebs, dead spiders and even a couple of live ones, plus their droppings... :shadedshu Thankfully now it's against EU law to make such a ridiculous warranty condition!

Edit: I just saw where this thread is posted, probably the OP is referring to the sticker on the cooler of the nvidia card?

8. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    meh i ignored mine anyway, i dont trust the OEM's to actully fix anything, never have

Our first computer an old Aptivia, was sent to IBM just about weekly with problems, first time i fixed it, it never needed to be fixed again.

9. calvary1980

calvary1980 New Member

Thanks Received:
    warranty sticker on a side panel that sucks, anyways I don't think there is any if's or but's you break the seal you void the warranty. my mother is from malta :)

- Christine

10. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderator™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Small world!! I've got relatives in Toronto too. Surname's Zammit.

(Sorry for the thread hijack PuMA)

11. calvary1980

calvary1980 New Member

Thanks Received:
    my Mother was born in Malta grew up in England and my Father was born and raised in Agrigento, Sicily.

yes Sorry Puma needed to know if I had another relative to add which would be like a million now lol.

- Christine

12. PuMA

PuMA New Member

Thanks Received:
    its a sticker on top of the PCB. I actually lost the same sticker on my 6600gt, but the RMA went OK without the sticker. Well this is kinda pointless thread since no1 really knows, but i wrote this since i tought sum1 might have some experience with inno3d RMA. Im kinda bummed
    about the stuff because, im thinking of selling the card, but the sticker issue might put some buyers off:(:(:(