1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Water Cooling Guide

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by bpgt64, Apr 28, 2009.

1. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    As I become more bold in building my home brew computers, I would like to think the next step is build a water cooling based system. My first computer build was a sexy AMD64 3400, mmm 1 mb on die, and an integrated memory controller...Had a nice Thermaltake Venus 12 to go with it...good christ that was loud.

Second build led me to quieter more effeciant forms of cooling, specifically my current CPU cooler, a Zalman 9700 with an E8400. However again this CPU isn't perfect but it more than handles most games. And neither is the HD 4870x2 in the build. But it definitely was a step up in performance however the X2 can be loud when running games that are more intense. My next step will be to build a new rig, probobly an i7 based, with a GTX 295. My GF's going to get the E8400 and the X2, aren't I nice? :)

I was wondering if there is any good websites or guides that go through the ins and outs of setting up a system like this?
  2. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Nice step up builds there man, sounds like the GF will have a killer setup.

Please come on over to the Naturally Aspiring Watercooling Clubhouse and make yourself at home:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52032

Excellent beginner's guide and where I got the advice I needed for my first loop. Check it out, youtube link in my sig!
    Binge says thanks.
  3. air_ii

air_ii New Member

Thanks Received:
    After you've read that, you can also go to XtremeSystems forums and you can also read a bit in the Liquid Cooling section. Here's a link to a sticky with various information, guides and reviews:

LC Sticky

You can never read too much :)
    Binge says thanks.
  4. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    Your question is a good one, but keep on looking even if you get an answer that suits you. Water cooling has partially things you can learn from others like us on the forums and from guides, and then a huge bit that comes with experience.

To help you the best I'm requesting that you start with a simple loop that cools one component. See just how much it takes to make something like your CPU cool and quiet. You can always expand, but if you go too far with a build you're left with a lot of spare parts/a huge headache. BTW the guys above give great insight.