1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Water cooling] need some hints for the right products

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Duron, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Duron New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi all

Im looking around for make the right choice for my first liquid cooling build.
    I will use for cool my cpu E4600 (sockey 775) and my nvidia card (asus en8600gt 512 ddr3 silent,this is really hot...56c idle 80 full).

I see some "all in one" solutions like the coolit kit but they are all only for cpu and are closed to any future update.

So,im here for collect any usefull hint or "shopping/build list" from experienced people like users of this forum

Priority:

Easy to setup/instal (more easy is more safe my hardware will be )
    Quiet noise
    Small encumbrance,will be nice if i can fit the radiator in the back hole where usually i mount my 120x120 fan.
    Open to future hardware update...like cpu or vga.

Sorry for my english and thanks for any incoming answer

-Duron-
  2. MustangGT2142

MustangGT2142 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think watercooling that setup is not worth it. Rather upgrade your hardware.
  3. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Hey, welcome aboard.

Add your system specs to your profile please, it'll help in future posts.

What do you have for a case?
  4. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Without modding the case get a swiftech radbox for an external setup. May want to go with a dual 120 radiator. Also most cpu blocks either have universal mounts or can purchase "future" mounts.

The 8600GT tho, you may not want to bother with watercooling that for now, since you're new to the wcing scene. Keeping the loop as simple as possible. Also most blocks for the 8600GT aren't compatible with current cards and those temps are safe.

As for noise since you mentioned it, go with a couple gentle typhoon case fans for the rad. They are pricey but well worth it. Always use clamps and go with 1/2" fittings / 7/16" tubing.