1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Water cooling parts advice for a beginner?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Irony, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Looks good man.

Loop order going to be something like this?

Bay pump/res > XT45 > CPU block > back to res pump?

EDIT: I see you have been treating my (well yours now) HAF well. Yo buy one of these kits when you do this. Itll look sweet

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=35307
  3. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    I was thinking It was gonna go the other way, forgot arrows lol. Pump/res> CPU block> Rad> back to res. That way warm water from the block would be cool by the time it got to the pump/res. Is there any reason to go the other way?

I've been looking at single sleeved cables like that. I would kinda like to single sleeve it myself, It would probably take me a couple days though.

Ya that case has been good. I think I might paint the inside of the back panel, the shiny shows thru the cable slots

Here's the order page. I 'll have money for it in a few days, lol.
    [​IMG]
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. buildzoid

buildzoid

Thanks Received:
    pump/res>rad>block could give your CPU a small improvement in temps but if you have a high enough flow rate it really doesn't matter as you only have one major heat source that being the block. If you had a bunch of water blocked GPUs in the loop then the first part from the rad would get 1-2C° better temps then if it was the last however with enough flow this could also be minimized to the point where it doesn't matter.
  5. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    Oh ok. That makes sense.

Well, it looks like that will be the finished product. I'll be back with a little build log whenever I get the parts. Thanks everybody for the input
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. Asylum

Asylum

Thanks Received:
    May need to go with a dual rad in the top.

Will a triple fit in that case?
  7. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    The only real reason I think from what ive gotten at in going to the radiator first from the pump/res combo is the cool the water from the pump since the pump tends to warm it up a bit, so the water is fully to ambient temps before hitting the CPU. Make sense.

But honestly, either way will do, loop order doesn't matter all that much. When you have a lot of parts to cool, loop order is something to consider. It can get you the shortest routes, and cleanest look.

I always thought that having radiators inbetween blocks was actually a good practice, but this past week ive found it to be not so. (you won't have a problem with that though since you are running a single big 360)

Sure will, when the case was released (He actually has my old HAF. I gave it to him for cost of shipping :) ) it was one of the few cases that actually allowed 360 radiators to be mounted inside by design. A lot of people got it because of that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]