1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

WaterCooled PC --> Finally! (Pics in links :P)

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Israar, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Israar

Israar

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys and gals!

As you may have guessed, yep I have finally done it and yes, I'm back from a long time from visiting :S -- Had lots to do, work was a pain been doing more hours to keep the money coming in to buy this, that and the other lol!

Anyway, here are the pics in link form as they are roughly 1.5Mb in size, if you enlarge the pics they aren't that good in quality as I just found out though they are not too bad none the less as I don't know how to use my digicam properly yet to take good pictures! Might need advice with that lol :p

Pic 1: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lee.whittaker25/PIC00013.JPG
    Pic 2: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lee.whittaker25/PIC00014.JPG
    Pic 3: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lee.whittaker25/PIC00015.JPG
    Pic 4: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lee.whittaker25/PIC00016.JPG

Hope you like them, give comments/crits all you wish as this is my first time, and the reason for my having a seperate tower is because I'm conscious of a leak for my first time which I haven't yet accumalated :)

As you may notice in pic 4, there is the usage of a seperate PSU, this was free with the tower I bought to house the water cooling appliances, so I thought what the hell, may as well put it to use and power my three fans as well as my pump ;)

Changed my loop from original of "PUMP >> RAD >> CPU >> GPU >> RES >> PUMP" to "PUMP >> CPU >> GPU >> RAD >> RES >> PUMP" because it wasn't cooling my CPU properly.

Anyway, hope you all like it and speak soon!

--Lee

2. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    So you have two cases, one for the actual comp, and the other for the PSU and to hold res and pump?

Looks pretty nice, not bad.

3. Israar

Israar

Thanks Received:
    Yep, I have my main tower housing my components for my PC as well as my CPU and GPU water blocks, the other tower holds the Pump, Radiator, Reservoir, loop PSU, fan controller and the majority of the tubing :)

All in all, thanks for the swift reply, was nice of you :)

As it is my first try, its been running for a week solid, no leaks, condensation or anything... :)

In time, I'll shorten the loop drastically and implement it into my main tower when I'm more at ease with it and take my water cooling from there :)

--Lee

4. tofu

tofu New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nice new liquid cooling :toast: !

Danger Den waterblocks are da BOMB. :rockout:

I'm gonna liquid cool my rig (the one to the left <<)

5. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    nice work, rig needs some aestetic work (nothing major just pointing ou the messiness of the cords etc.) the water loop looks nice what kind of temps are you getting?

6. Israar

Israar

Thanks Received:
    Temps, I'll post some pics in the morning :)

--Lee

7. Israar

Israar

Thanks Received:
    Here are the temps for comparison.

This one is of my CPU being Air cooled with an XP90c Heatsink and a Silverstone fan and Arctic Silver 5. (Stock clock speeds ~2.6Ghz)

[​IMG]

This one is of my CPU being Water cooled with a DangerDen TDX Water Block with Arctic Silver 5. (Overclocked to ~2.7Ghz with the help of Solaris17 a good while back, thanks mate!)

[​IMG]

This one is of my GPU being Air cooled by an Arctic Silencer Rev.2 with Arctic Silver 5. (Stock clock speeds)

[​IMG]

Finally, this one is of my GPU being Water cooled with a DangerDen Maze4 GPU Water block with the use of Arctic Silver 5. (Stock clock speeds)

[​IMG]

As you can see from those, it's mainly my GPU that has been given the temp advantage, I've still yet to do a heat test which will be done when I get a bit of free time, until I do I will have to wait to post the comparisons of those :)

--Lee

8. Israar

Israar

Thanks Received:
    Here are the temps of my Air cooled and Water cooled CPU/GPU on full load. I used Prime95 using In-Place Large FFT's for maximum heat on the CPU and I used the Nalu 6800 nVidia demo while getting the maximum temps from my GPU.

I had the full load temps already saved on my HDD before I water cooled, obviously ;) -- Anyway, here are the pics for comparison:

CPU Air Temps; Full Load.

[​IMG]

CPU Water Temps; Full Load.

[​IMG]

GPU Air Temps; Full Load.

[​IMG]

GPU Water Temps; Full Load.

[​IMG]

Well, there you go! I hope you all like how I've done my first ever water cooled rig with the temps :)

I'm personally quite pleased with my results, can't wait to push the system further for OC'ing! -- That's where you lot will come in handy as I'll be coming back for some more tips for OC'ing as I want to go further that ~2.7Ghz on my CPU for sure :) (Mind you, I only got to ~2.7Ghz from 2.6Ghz thanks to Solaris17 for his undying love for helping me out, he stuck with me all the way and gave me a new light to building computers in the department for OC'ing ;))

--Lee

9. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nice temps, can be neater, but since it's just in your house, it's fine. I personally wouldn't care either if it's like that in my house. Good job!

10. drade

drade

Thanks Received:
    Lovin the double case Idea very nice, temps look great. Props!

11. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
    "CººLiº" would be the name, if I went liquid cooled...

"CººLiº" would be the name of the system!

(If I ever water cooled one)...

OR

"ZerºCººL"

(If I phase-changed cooled one)...

:)

* Probably not, but now I have dibs/copyright on those above now, hehe...

APK

P.S.=> Nice machine... apk

12. WeStSiDePLaYa

WeStSiDePLaYa New Member

Thanks Received:
    you will want to shorten your tubes. the more tubing you have the less flowrate you have.

also, that res will also be killing your flowrate.

and why do you have a t-line and a res? you dont need both.

13. Israar

Israar

Thanks Received:
    T-line for bleeding the system, Res for my water :p

Anyway, like I said this is my first ever time water cooling, and I thought that's how I needed it, after running it a while and becoming very fond of how it is running, I've thought of loads of different ways to improve upon it :)

IE; Internally based -- This one I think would be a good one, as I have a limit to 1 radiator and very little tubing so the flow rate is high therefore less temps (I think) without a res too.

But, like I said before, this current water loop is my first ever try and in the future I'll be implementing the whole system into my PC so it will eventually be internal.

I have another 10foot of tubing on it's way, and I'm going to order some proper tubing cutters sometime too, when I do, I'll order a single fan radiator and I'll just use one of the fans on the radiator I'm using now in the loop when I eventually get it internal.

Although, what I would rather do is leave it for a few months now and let it all settle in properly :)

Thanks for all the comments/criticisms everyone, very much appreciated :)

--Lee

14. Lord_Garshna New Member

Thanks Received:
    The video card cooling from stock to current is most impressive... expecially under load. Oh and as far as the digi-cam, first tip I can give you is turn off the flash... *ahhh the light its so damn bright* lol.

15. Israar

Israar

Thanks Received:
    Cheers, will do next time mate :)

As for the cooling on the GFX Card, I couldn't believe it myself :)

--Lee