1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Watercooled system for x1800 crossfire set up

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by DRDNA, May 31, 2006.

1. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    I just received a quote from a .com vender for $330.00 for the whole system ,that was with the fancy waterbock that covers the ram as well.....Well needless to say I feel this is too high and will wait for a vapochill unit that has option for two GPU's.

2. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    If any one knows of a better priced water system for dual GPU then please give the price and link if possible

3. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Why don't you get your own parts from Danger Den and get 2 GPU waterblocks for you CrossFire setup? It will probably be in the mid 200's.

4. b1lk1

b1lk1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Definitely build your own setup. You can run regular Maze 4 GPU blocks as that board has plenty of room to do that. You lose PCI slots, but I am guessing that is not an issue. Right now, my slave card is water cooled and I am working on getting a block for the master. I have my CPU and one GPU in my loop and my temps are great. I am just going to add the second GPU into my loop. Get a high flow pump and if possible a heatercore radiator. I used regular aluminum heatsinks on the ram as I feel the copper ones are a waste. It is definitely worth the trouble to water cool. My watercooled card idles around 32C and maxxes out around 48C.

5. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    Thank yo for the feed back !!! I really do want to watercool the cards but the blocks that watercool the ram also are said to be restrictive .

6. b1lk1

b1lk1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, skip those blocks completely. My watercooled GPU usually runs at lower temps loaded too, I just figured I'd list the highest temp I have seen since puttign on water cooling. Look around and post what parts you are looking at and I can help you pick.