• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Watercooling advice for a nub

DOM

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Asrock
Cooling Water
Memory Team Xtreem LV 16GB (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) EK Full WB HD7970
Display(s) CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P 27"
Case Danger Den Torture Rack
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200
Software W 10 Pro
i was talking about on top under the blk top its just held buy 1 screw and i was think if you want a t-line cut a hole for it on top also and just cut the holes for the barbs on the rad

Ah :banghead: well that makes more sense.
I don't mind cutting out a hole, or a gap, or something to aid installation, I just wouldn't want to kill the aesthetics of he case from stock, so cutting a hole under the plastic is a good idea, and even for my complete lack of cutting skills, that's not a hard job. Think I might just do that.

DOM

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Asrock
Cooling Water
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software W 10 Pro
lol wait it might not fit there but if the fans do it well save some space inside the case and you could still have the fill port on top brb going to eat :p i'll check if the fan fits after im done, cuz do you already got the case ?

Already have it, up and running with the specs on the left. I'll be moving it about tommorow, first time since I put it all inside, so I'll have a look also. I think I just need a one inch diameter circle cut out for most of the fillports available.
Anyhow, the space under that cover could be just about enough for at least one of the fans (the one closest to the front, since it has more space), but because of the fact it's capable of having 120mm or 140mm fans at the top, the fan spaces are further apart, as you've seen. Think that might cause trouble, when attempting to have the fans pulling air, either out, or in, at the top, under that cover, and having a rad mounted inside.
If I could source some thinner 120mm fans, that could easily be acheived though. Something like a 120x15mm fan would fit in that space, with the cover on, and allow the rad to be mounted internally, without sacrificing space.
Well, that was a fruitless search, and it makes sense... a 120mm fan thinner than 25mm is really not going to be a great idea... should have thought of that.

Last edited:

DOM

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Asrock
Cooling Water
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software W 10 Pro
were can you get 120x15mm fans :eek: the lowest ive seen are 20mm and there with 140 and 120 mm fans

but you'll have a better feel when you get the parts

were can you get 120x15mm fans :eek: the lowest ive seen are 20mm and there with 140 and 120 mm fans

but you'll have a better feel when you get the parts

I edited shortly before you posted. I THOUGHT I had found one, but nay.
I do wish I could find some 140mm fans, and a radiator to go with them. The radiator might not see a huge benefit over one for 120mm fans, but the fans could of course theoretically, move more air at lower speeds.

intel igent

System Name old school / new school
Processor 3.0e C0 @ 3.6 / e5200
Motherboard p4p800e-dlx / p5q-DLX
Cooling custom water see sig / air
Memory 2x1g oczPC4000EbPl / 2x2g ocz2rpr1066
Video Card(s) 3850AGP / 4890vaporX
Storage 36g raptor+120g wd / wd 1001fals 1tb
Display(s) BenQ / sharpAQUOS LC-37D64U
Case modded antec plusview / generic
Audio Device(s) audigy 2zs / ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3
Power Supply fan/cable modded powerstream 520 / OCZ 700mxsp
Software Xp pro SP2 / VISTA ultimate OEM
I do wish I could find some 140mm fans, and a radiator to go with them. The radiator might not see a huge benefit over one for 120mm fans, but the fans could of course theoretically, move more air at lower speeds.

there are 140mm fans ;) that would work nice with a TC PA160 ;)

will beat out ANY 1x120 rad and will keep up/beat 2x120

www.google.com :p since you guys dnt like when i link you to "the other" site :laugh:

just a word of advice : dont start modding your case untill youve got all your parts TRUST ME ;)

:toast: