1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Watercooling advice

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by techtard, Mar 12, 2013.

1. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, I just bought a bare-bones XSPC Raystorm D5 EX 360 kit for my PC and am looking to expand it to include my GPU.
    My video card is a 7970 Sapphire Dual-X with a blue PCB, so it cannot mount full coverage waterblocks.

I have found an EK supremacy block that comes with a copper spacer that will fit, but it doesn't come with fittings. So I will be running it with this EK universal waterblock and some heatsinks on the VRMs and RAM chips. Also will have a cougar 120mm Vortex fan blowing on the heatsinks.

My current setup appears to be setup for7/16 id tubing, and I was wondering if 7/16compression fittings will work on this block, or will I have to go with straight barbs and clamps?

PS This watercooling is pretty addictive, I just got my kit in today and am already planning on changing stuff and adding some nicer looking tubing. (mine was clear with the bsic kit)
  2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    As long as the threaded end has G1/4 threads you will be good to go!
    techtard says thanks.
  3. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the quick reply, gonna go put together an order. :D

Ran into a minor inconvenience while assembling the kit, only had enough screws to mount 4 fans, was going to do push/pull with 6 cougar vortex fans.

Also, forgot to buy distilled water earlier, would it be safe to flush everything and do the initial overnight leak testing with regular tap-water?

EDIT
    Cleaned and flushed everything, bought some distilled water and have been running leaktesting for the past few hours.
    So far the compression fittings are doing their job, and have noticed no leaks anywhere. Got all the bubbles out of the hose with a few taps and pump restarts.
    Things are looking up. Can't wait to get more parts and add the GPU to the mix.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013