1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Watercooling loop coolant alternative

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by McSteel, Jan 18, 2013.

1. McSteel

McSteel

Thanks Received:
    Right, so I wasn't sure where to put this, so I stuck it in here...

Anyway, I have a friend who's running dangerously low on coolant liquid in his modded Thermaltake LCS from the Kandalf case. Since we happen to live in a third-world country (when it comes to PC parts availability), we simply cannot find the damn coolant anywhere.

So we're considering using an automotive coolant/antifreeze liquid instead. After a bit of searching and asking around I believe the Motul Motocool Expert should fit the bill... This is after comparing it's contents with the Thermaltake's own, they line up pretty nicely.

Any thoughts and/or prior experiences with something like this? Any suggestions (other than the obvious "find the coolant abroad, online")? Perhaps somewhere else I could ask this?
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  2. Dano 00TA New Member

Thanks Received:
    In a koolance setup I have on my backup computer, I use a auto antifreeze/distilled water mix and have had no problems with it.
  3. terrastrife New Member

Thanks Received:
    plain distilled water, or 10-30% glycol (engine coolant) added.
    Make sure you flush the old stuff out first, runlike, 5L of distilled water through itto clean it out

or just flush with tapwater if you're poor :D

my glycol of choice is old school pentosin g11,as it gives you a sexy intel blue colour.