1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Watercooling? Maybe . . .

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by kyle2020, Jun 26, 2008.

1. kyle2020 Guest

2. Master_of_Time

Thanks Received:
    Some reviews:
    http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&number=1&artpage=1579&articID=394
    http://www.xsreviews.co.uk/reviews/cpu-coolers/xspc-watercooling-kit/2
    http://www.xtremecomputing.co.uk/review.php?id=236&page=2
    http://www.techniz.co.uk/component/content/article/317
    The above are review of the old version, here is the current version, the one that you know of:
    http://www.custompc.co.uk/reviews/138045/xspc-x2o-pro-watercooling-kit.html
    :toast:
    EDIT: Hah, it's 4 in the morning here in Bulgaria, but I'm listening to Alice in Chains and I carried away. I'll go to bed, too. I'll be online again in 1-2 in the afternoon, I suppose. I'm a lazy bastard, I don't even want to clean my room after I changed my case from some Asus cheap case to CM Cosmos S. UV Spray cans everywhere, screws, A LOT OF JUNK :) , and lots of PC stuff. My parents hate me! My neighbors too, but that's because of the Z-5500's I have. They don't like Swedish death metal...

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  3. kyle2020 Guest

haha cannot beat teh metals ;) i know they arent swedish, but have you heard and dimmu borgir? Cracking band, absolutely love them. A band closer to you too, HIM?

4. Master_of_Time

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I know of Dimmu, but HIM - I don't think they are even metal, let alone hardcore/death. :laugh: So, what are your current plans for the W/C, anything changed?

5. kyle2020 Guest

HIM are self proclaimed as "love metal" :laugh:

well, i have decided that the XSPX X2O Delta is the kit im going to buy, and then some green, blue or purple UV coolant - havent decided yet. All comes to a shade under £85, so im very pleased.

6. Master_of_Time

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  7. kyle2020 Guest

im hoping the kit comes with an instructional booklet, but then im left on my own cutting tubing length etc, but it should be quite easy once im familiar with the parts. When you first set a watercooling system up, your meant to run it for several hours to bleed the air out of the system and check for leaks etc, am i correct? And to hotwire a psu you like a green cable to a neighbouring black one yes?

8. Master_of_Time

Thanks Received:
    Yes, you are correct. green to black wire. To cut the tubing into the right lengths just install the cpu block on the mobo, place the pump and the rad where you want them and start measuring. It'll be relative, but when you add like 10cm to you result for the bends it'll be accurate enough, I think. Example Pump->CPU BLOCK=50cm (when measured in a straight line), plus the bends it'll be like 60-75cm.

9. kyle2020 Guest

ah yes, you have to add more than the distance to prevent kinks in the tubing.

10. Master_of_Time

Thanks Received:
    So, Kyle, when are going to buy the kit? Keep me posted. :toast:

11. kyle2020 Guest

well, your not going to like me for this, but im not buying it. i have the TT bigwater kit arriving on tuesday. The reason being i got it on an amazing deal - i bought it from a guy on a computer fair who runs a small computer modding firm for £25 - hes testing the kit for 24 hours for me after i shared my concerns about the pump and waterblock, and he has printed me a 1 year full kit warranty :)

12. calvary1980

calvary1980 New Member

Thanks Received:
    make sure you clean it first it's annoying buying a used water block and some asshole didn't clean it. [​IMG]

- Christine

13. kyle2020 Guest

the guys going to fully drain the system and everything - i trust him too which is a bonus.

i have a question - im going on holiday a week on monday, will it be ok to set the kit up and leave it stand for 2 weeks whilst im chilling with the pharoes in Egypt?

14. calvary1980

calvary1980 New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes just monitor it for 24 hours before you leave. this is what happends when you use commercial solutions.

[​IMG]

I have seen worst! I seen this one block looked like someone [​IMG] off all over it.

- Christine

15. kyle2020 Guest

wtf is that? im using my psp atm, cant really make the picture out. so i can leave it and it will be fine?

16. calvary1980

calvary1980 New Member

Thanks Received:
    water block, excrement.

- Christine

17. kyle2020 Guest

so, the kit might not be arriving tomorrow for business reasons, so im getting ready for comparisons. Heres my CPU temperatures after a few minutes full load with ORTHOS:

http://screencast.com/t/zmbXlFppi

So we have this to compare it to when the 735 arrives.

18. Master_of_Time

Thanks Received:
    Well, now you're having some money left, replace the CPU block and/or the pump, they are really lousy. If there's a leak and you kill your PC, don't say I didn't warn ya! :laugh: Good luck, with Tt W/C you're gonna need it. :toast:

19. kyle2020 Guest

haha dont worry, i intend to at least replace the block as soon as i get back off holiday. In the mean time, ill keep a close eye on it and see if i get a good one, like my friend has (had it almost a year, not a single hitch yet (besides it got delivered next door, but you know)).

20. p_o_s_pc

p_o_s_pc F@H&WCG addict

Thanks Received:
    I have a Danger Den maze 4 AM2/939 block that i would sell:eek:

21. kyle2020 Guest

for how much might i ask?

22. p_o_s_pc

p_o_s_pc F@H&WCG addict

Thanks Received:
    $20(US)+shipping

23. kyle2020 Guest

to england? haha, just noticed your in the states like, that sucks for me :(

24. p_o_s_pc

p_o_s_pc F@H&WCG addict

Thanks Received:
    yeah i didn'c where u r @ so nevermind. lol. I think you could find one cheaper over there then it would cost to get it from me

25. kyle2020 Guest

about £20 over here, so the delivery cost from the states to here :laugh:

Are they good?