1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

WC Case for project/mod: Cosmos or Cosmos S - any difference?

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by JorisS, Aug 5, 2008.

1. JorisS New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey all,

been planning to start a project in a couple of weeks, watercooling and all. Want to make it look nice. Enjoy the building more than actually using the rig lately

Anyway, got some watercooling stuff in already, p120.2, p120.3, pumps, blocks etc.

Haven't decided on case yet. Got a CM Stacker 832 now, was looking at a TJ07 before but missed the auction deadline. Now I've been offered a Cosmos. I've read in several threads that Cosmos S is one of the recommended cases. Now this is the earlier model, and I'm wondering if it'll do or if I should spend the extra cash and get the Cosmos S instead?

Been offered the Cosmos + 5 Noctua fans för about £125 - it retails new for about £140 (not with Noctua fans), vs the Cosmos S which goes for about £165.

What is wisdom?
    I assume that the idea behind the S is that it builds on the Cosmos, improving on it's weak points and adding some new cool features?

Any advice appreciated

Cheers,
    Joris
  2. Odin Eidolon

Odin Eidolon New Member

Thanks Received:
    125 is a fantastic deal, but i think that noctuas arent the best on radiators. 6$ yeteloons will do better. both cases are good for watercooling, but the S should be better. I'd go for the normal cosmos to resell it (noctuas retail for 15$ i believe) and get a S version LOL. what about some lianli?
  3. JorisS New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah been looking into those as well. Don't remember the exact models, think either a V20xx or a A77 or what it was called... but they're expensive :eek: