• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

WD Passport Portable Drives Now Available With 320GB of Storage

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
Just in time to make a perfect holiday gift, WD today announced that its new 320 GB capacity WD Passport Portable Drives are available now at select retailers and this week at WD's online store. This sharp increase in storage capacity puts almost a third of a terabyte of digital storage in the palm of your hand.

WD Passport Portable Drives have become popular worldwide for their plug-and-play capability, stylish, ultra-portable design, and sleek piano-black finish. At less than five ounces, this lightweight drive fits neatly in a pocket or backpack and is the perfect gadget to back up today's increasingly large files.

WD Sync software allows consumers to take desktop content with them by simplifying the synchronization of essential personal files and Microsoft Outlook data on a PC. Should owners misplace the drive, they know their data is protected with 128-bit encryption. Google software on the drive allows users to quickly locate files with the Google Desktop Search search tool, manage photos with Picasa photo organizer software and simplify Web searches with the Google Toolbar search bar.

"The need for travel-friendly storage devices continues to be an area that is growing immensely with the advent of rich media content generated by consumers," said Jim Welsh, vice president and general manager of WD's branded products group. "It's not only music that's consuming space on desktops. Higher resolution pictures and HD videos eat up storage very quickly so we're excited to make a portable 320 GB solution available for consumers on the move."

A product specification sheet and photos of WD Passport Portable Drives are available on the company's Web site here.

Price and Availability
WD Passport Portable Drives and WD Passport carrying cases are available now at select retail stores and are expected this week at WD's online store (http://www.shopwd.com). MSRP for the WD Passport Portable Drive 320 GB is $229.99 USD.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

hacker111

wow not even half the storage i would need to carry around everything on my computer :laugh:

I had a customer ask me for these roughly 3 weeks ago...he wants a dozen of them. Good thing I get paid commission :D