1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

we should make Nvidia to stop making anymore video cards

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by Mike945, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike945 New Member

Thanks Received:
    enough is enough. We should stop them from making anymore hardware. Until when they make hardware and we have to pay for them????? I really had enough. I am tired of spending for video cards. I wish i had a console. its a much better investment. The graphics may not be as good as on PC, but you dont go and upgrade your PC for the graphics at the same time. We need a software based solution. A software based video card.

maybe i will vary soon and just buy a xbox360 or PS3 and get it done with.

2. J-Man

J-Man New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a PS3 and I rarely play on it. I haven't touched it since I got my 4870 x2 :p

3. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Um...whats wrong with Nvidia cards?

4. flashstar New Member

Thanks Received:
    The beauty of the free market is that we will make them stop. You can't go around forcing companies to stop production of a commodity if there is demand for it unless you live in a place like Venezuela or Iran.

If there is no demand for a product, the company will either improve the product, make a new product, or fail.

5. Mike945 New Member

Thanks Received:
    actually i am from Iran :). Actually we will force these companies to stop when we make the global economy worse enough :). they will stop themselves. When the war begins, with enough anti-ship missiles, we can halt tanker traffic through Hormuz for weeks, even months. With the flow of oil from the Gulf curtailed, the price of a barrel of crude will skyrocket on the world market. Within days, the global economy will begin to grind to a halt.

The occupiers will become the besieged The US will be cornered.if they try to escape, they will be slaughtered in the Straits of Hormuz. With Iran's enormous missile capability, the US will have two choices - either go to the UN for peace, or escalate to an all-out nuclear attack on Iran :).

i get very happy when the global economy declines. like now.

6. Snipermonkey2

Snipermonkey2

Thanks Received:
    To bad the US is not a true Free Market.

7. flashstar New Member

Thanks Received:
    You will stop smiling when we start drilling and go nuclear. ;)

Enormous missile capacity. :laugh: We've got 100x as many missiles as you and thousands of ours are nukes. We have 126 different types of missiles and you have 23? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_missiles_by_country

8. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    you are aware your consoles are not software based GPU's right?

Do you know why the 3d accelertor card came about even?

Run Quake 1 in 2d with no 3d acceleration on a machine of the day. Try to run a modern game without that GPU. A CPU is not specalized to do that, NVidia needs a room full of Sun Servers with dual core opterons to make a G80 and get it playable in software mode. Going to software render would put us back to 1995 game tech overnight you fool

9. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would like to inform you i am reporting you to the FBI Anti-Terrorist unit as i type this.

10. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Pwned.[​IMG]:nutkick:

11. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just don't take kindly to terrorists

flashstar says thanks.
  12. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was gonna say something to you better watch what you say cause of the way the US is but you kinda beat me to it.

13. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    hes got a right you know to feel like that since the Us is pressurising Iran, although talking as if they are going to wage war on the US is stupid

sorry i do i understand that you feel having to pay for a new graphics card is a lot but you dont need to you could you know keep a card for a while? consoles have less powerfull chips but developers get to squeeze more out of them since every console will be the same they can optimise for that exact hardware unlike a pc where its all different

14. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    seriously? if we conducted an all out nuclear attack we would wipe out the entire human race, possibly even kill ALL life (except for cockroaches maybe) due to extreme radiation. it would be like living inside chernobyl's nuclear chamber or worse.

Crunching for Team TPU
  15. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    lol the original xbox could survive with its stupid chunkiness and the sheer amount of nintendo ds around these days id expect those to sill be around

16. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    he can say what he like, but its considered a terrorist statement

17. flclisgreat

flclisgreat New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have a ps3 FS :laugh:

18. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Reporting this thread be closed. Some peoples intolerance and violent demeanor is utterly repulsive.

acperience7, candle_86 and mep916 say thanks.
  19. Mike945 New Member

Thanks Received:
    candle 86: I bet the picture of that retarded girl is your sister. I guess you are just as retarded as her or even worse. I feel sorry about you. the fact that you are mentally ill and need to be in a mental house institutation is upsetting me. Go report me. ahahahahahaha. i am holding my stomach and laughing now. Like i give a shit :).

Anyway. I support the movement for making a GPU based video card. I made a petition. and i got thousands of people in here to sign it. I promise you that Nvidia will have no choice but to make a software based video card in the near future. mark my words. and you better stop threatening me or else I can do the same thing to you. just report you for threatening :). as simple as that.
    you prick.

20. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    who ya gonna report me to the Iranian government, yea id like to see that. The only threat i made was calling the FBI on you. Your statements where terroistic in nature and a threat the security and stabilty of the US Government. The United States, European Union, NATO, and UN have a zero tolerance policy on Terrorism wheater it be threats or acts.

21. rampage

Thanks Received:
    software based video cards have been and gone, its called rendering the graphics instructions on the cpu, thats why the GPU was invented... the cpu is not designed to do that kind of work, and with out a gpu we would need to totaly rework how the cpu works and then there would be more money upgrading our cpu's even more often so we can run things in software mode...(EG check out the cpu test in 3dmark06 for a rough example of how slowly thing run in software mode)

22. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    TOO FAR MIKE TOO FAR

i have a handicapped cousin and take exception to retard jokes and retard as a insult

what the hell is a software based video card anyway? isnt software based gpu done on the CPU?

23. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Let's just try to be respectful to one another before this thead is locked. And it will be. Big zero tolerance policy with infractions here. Thanks.

24. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes it is, as said look at the CPU test of 06 or vantage to see the problem with Software render

on a side note the girl in my picture is my current GF, and she is very smart, to the extent where she graduated with a 4.0 GPA, and as Valid Victorian of her class. She attends Collage right now also with a 4.0GPA and she is going to school for Forensic Analysis. So her intelligence is not really a question

25. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    too late you already explained what a software based gpu is

it cant possibly work, a cpu has trouble rendering physics so imagine having to do all that plus the graphics processing, system processing and program processing