1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Weed/Alcohol? you decide

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by oinkypig, Jul 4, 2007.

1. From_Nowhere New Member

Thanks Received:
    If one were to choose a poison, marijuana would have the least negative effects. Keep in mind that alcohol and marijuana are bad for you, and can lead to a few years in the clink or drowning in a puddle of your own vomit.

Chicken Patty says thanks.
  2. Jeno Guest

As far as alchol goes i cant say i've had more than a glass in my life, however i'll probably have some more before i turn 18.
    w33d is good IMO, i cant stand the smell of ordinary cigarettes but pot has i kind of sweet smell that i like very much.
    weed grows on trees round here lol, although its plentiful i don't have it very often at all because as Kursah said it's best to have just a little on occasions cause too much can have some nasty side effects!

MODERATION!!!!

3. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Oh admit it,...you holiday in Nimbin:laugh:

4. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    I still say that alcohol is safer. I can knock back 3 wine coolers and show no ill effects, but one joint mellows you to the point of being unsafe, especially for driving.

5. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    I am in the older bracket as far as TPU members, and in my life, I have had 7 friends and relatives have their likes ruined or ended by alcohol and its effects.
    On the other hand, I have yet to have any acquaintances lives ruined by pot.

6. JC316

Thanks Received:
    Unfortunately, I have. I saw a good friend throw his life away because of it. Was going to be a pilot, but not anymore.

7. Chicken Patty

Chicken Patty WCG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't do any of them myself. Herbs I don't think should be legalized. But at least in the US you cannot by alcohol until you are 21. But at the age of 18 you are considered an adult, you can buy cigarettes and can do basically anything without a parents consent, however you are not adult enough to buy alcohol?

I think Alcohol should be legalized at the age of 18 at least in the US, I am not familiar with how goverment's outside the work and how their laws apply.

I do believe however, that at this moment they are working on this. What do you guys think?

As far as doing them period, Herb until a certain point is actually good for you, but of course depends where its grown and how its taken. Alcohol, shit why not, get your drink on. I do think though that there is a time for everything, some people mature early enough to do these things responsibly, some never do grow up enough, so the age depends.

8. Chicken Patty

Chicken Patty WCG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    this is also very true. Thats why in my previous post I specified that it all comes with time. Some people never get the mentality to be able to do things, I mean anything responsibly and then when they start doing these things, they literally end up drowning in a puddle of their own vomit just as you stated.

9. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Did he get stoned and crash a plane? If so I am very sorry for the loss.
    If however, he was a victim of our country's draconian drug laws, then... it is not pots fault.;)

10. JC316

Thanks Received:
    No, didn't crash. Just got caught and got his license revoked. On top of that, the pot led to the hard stuff and he never really bounced back. Lost alot more than his license too, wife, kids, the whole damn show.

11. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    As true as that may be its not pots fault though really. Simply smoking pot cant give the dirt nap treatment where as being drunk can and some people if they mix alcohol their body reacts badly to it and it can kill them without even doing a 2nd thing (Like driving or somethign).

And somebody asked, its legal to have pot in Colorado here i believe. An oz but its legal.

12. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    An estimated 20% are prone to dependency in one way or another, and as far as the gateway drug theory, I just do not buy it. If a person smokes cigarettes first then pot, are cigarettes the gateway drug? People that are self destructive will find a way to ruin there lives. That is just life.

I truly feel sorry for him and his family, but to blame that on pot does not compute with me.

13. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    That is an ordnance not a state law. My college campus had a 1/4 oz. limit, but that is even open for the cops view.

14. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Other than the compassion clubs in California, I cant think of anywhere in the USA it is.
    The compassion clubs are even bucking the feds in their fight,..as it is still illegal on a federal level.

15. Katanai

Katanai

Thanks Received:
    Well, I for one can tell you this: I have never been in a fight when high yet I've been through countless fights when drunk. And oh yeah I've been high much more than drunk overall. It has its down points though. It changes you, it messes with your personality, it makes you weaker although awkwardly you end up stronger after all but if you have a weak personality to start with I wouldn't advise you to smoke...

16. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    I bet every coffee shop owner in Holland would agree with that statement:toast:

17. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    You gotta look at it a different way. Most kids smoke pot for the high. When they get bored with that or the pot dosent do it for them they go off and do other drugs that make them higher. Pot is considerd the gateway drug because of how easily you can get it.

As for legality. Its legal in Denver to posses 21 and up.
    http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/4570.html

18. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    That's exactly why I started doing major drugs. but, in all fairness, it's not the fault of pot. I'm the only one to blame, as I had a self-destructive personality. It has kinda gotten pigeon-holed into being a gateway drug, when in fact, it's the user's own state of mind that is the gateway.

SK-1 says thanks.
  19. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Sure kids will,..as I stated above, about 20% will. Man has been altering his conciseness from the time the first person spun themselves around in circles and dropped over from getting dizzy, and will always find new ways to do it. And again 20% will go overboard.
    Cigarettes, btw, are also very easy to get, and all the stoners I knew is school started with cigarettes before pot.

20. JC316

Thanks Received:
    I agree with you Wile E, its mainly the person. I don't do it because 1. It's illegal for now. 2. I dont see a need for it. However, if it cured Crohns disease, or even helped the symptoms, I would smoke the shit out of it.

21. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Yea but you are stronger now Wile.:)

22. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    :toast:

23. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Technically it is not legal but it is tolerated. However, it can only be sold in coffee shops, you can't have huge amounts with you and it is tolerated to have up to 5 plants at home.

I do not see a reason why any of us would care about the technical terms though, you can smoke it and won't get in trouble. That's all there is.

SK-1 says thanks.
  24. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Yay, go healthy life! On the other hand, dieing of old age isn't exactly a nice reward. Skipping on all the fun just to poop yourself till you die, no thanks. I'll die sooner and have a hell of a life before that. 90 years of being boring and responsible isn't for me.

russianboy says thanks.
  25. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    I believe the shop owners are at the mercy of local authorities to a greater degree by it being tolerated and not legal. I was asking if it is legal by definition in any country.
    And , no I could care less about the technical terms....and make SURE your hotel allows it;)

All in all I think your country's laws are VERY fair.
    I hear that there was a recent crackdown on the total number of shops Holland is going to allow, and that many may be shut down,...any truth to this Dan?