• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Weird idea.. Input please!

Avun

Okay so I have a empty TV set that is 3 FT by 1FT 9 inches and I was wondering if it could be possible to gut out my old dell opti plex and.. well. put it inside this TV case and along with some other modifications perhaps even be daring enough to put a moinitor in the set as well and connect them?.. Or at least the dell int he set anways. I can only use what I have on me.. Which is.. a dell opti plex GX 100, some screws, and a TV set. Hehe of course I will need to clean it out and such.. And im all read using the TV set as the opti plexes desk ( The tower sits inside the set ijust want to take it a step further.. ) Any input guys?

Anarion

Processor amd HAMMER SERIES 62% oc
Motherboard epox 8NPAJ
Cooling Active, Noisy , air
Memory gSKILL 2gb
Video Card(s) 2900 xt 1g
Storage diamondmax+
Display(s) 215TW HDCP 95%+! color accuracy
Case aluminium sHOW CASE BP
Audio Device(s) Behringer dj pro hpx4000
Power Supply acBel Ai iS
Software xp pro sp2
y u didn't send some pics

Avun

Poop.. forgot about that.. I will try to get some up tonight.. I have a crappy came though and it only lieks to take pics in sunlight.. if that.. so.. yeah.

Anarion

Processor amd HAMMER SERIES 62% oc
Motherboard epox 8NPAJ
Cooling Active, Noisy , air
Memory gSKILL 2gb
Video Card(s) 2900 xt 1g
Storage diamondmax+
Display(s) 215TW HDCP 95%+! color accuracy
Case aluminium sHOW CASE BP
Audio Device(s) Behringer dj pro hpx4000
Power Supply acBel Ai iS
Software xp pro sp2
like mine though, ;D

Avun

Er.. Well Im going to need a new cam... I just kinda broke mine.. It made me mad... I pluged it in and i thad pics on it of the stuff and it wouldnt load.. so I unplugged it and it crashed my computer.. so I snapped it in two .. literally ( its one of those cheap card cams.. ) Anyways..I googled for stuffs and I will show you ( to the best of my ability as of now) how the dell mobo and the perhaps new case will look. Okay this is exactly how my dell looks currently in its current case http://homepages.compuserve.de/fmatth01/pc/Dell_Optiplex_GX110_03.jpg
A issue that I have been thinking about is that the raise card for the dell might be hard to place inside the new case. The "new case" is all wood and basically all soild.. Iv never done anything like this before so.. Bleh.. Lol But summer projects are fun!

Last edited:

wazzledoozle

Processor X2 3800+ @ 2.3 GHz
Motherboard DFI Lanparty SLI-DR
Cooling Zalman CNPS 9500 LED
Memory 2x1 Gb OCZ Plat. @ 3-3-2-8-1t 460 MHz
Video Card(s) HIS IceQ 4670 512Mb
Storage 640Gb & 160Gb western digital sata drives
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen LCD w/ DVI 5ms
Case Thermaltake Soprano
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 softmod@Audigy 4, Logitech X-530 5:1
Power Supply Coolermaster eXtreme Power Plus 500w
Software XP Pro
So the tv is empty? Ill need to see pictures... Be careful when working on the inside of a tv, ESPECIALLY large ones because they can retain enough voltage to kill a full grown man for years.

Avun

The tv is all read ycleaned out. Im using it as a table for the dell right now.. The full optiplex tower fitsupright inside this case, thats how big it is. And I was also thinking about heating issues.. with all this space couldnt it get very.. umm.. hot?.. or am I thinking the opisite? Lol

Avun

Actually.. I could fit 3 dell opti plex's inside this case.. Thats how bit it is!

Avun

hmm I might just get me a old scraper board thats seen better days and use it.. Iv read now that pulling aboard out of a dell case will be a pain int he butt to do.. Bleh.. decisions!