1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Weird issue with cod4 install!

Discussion in 'Games' started by 1nf3rn0x, Oct 9, 2010.

1. 1nf3rn0x

1nf3rn0x

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, i recently reformatted windows. I put BFBC2 on today which is working like a charm, though... I just installed cod 4 and it seems whenever i try open the multiplayer it says iw3mp.exe has stopped working. Though I have no problems at all playing the singleplayer. I tried running it in compatibility mode and nothing works. Whats the problem?! Please help:cry:

2. TIGR

Thanks Received:
    This may sound crazy, but if you don't have a mic plugged in, plug one into your mic port.

CoD4 Fixes

3. 1nf3rn0x

1nf3rn0x

Thanks Received:
    Ok, will do :L Tried it, same thing. :(

4. Richieb0y

Richieb0y New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have problems to whit cod4 i played online 2 min ago and the whole PC got locked up even the reset button dint reboot the PC i had to pull the cord

5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    old issue.

connect a microphone (or any old device to the microphone port of your soundcard, and SAY its a microphone) and the game will work.
    you need to make sure its showing up as a mic in windows, and is set as teh default mic in the windows control panel/sound settings

edit: for once someone beat me to it :D i swear this is the #1 problem gamers have with any CoD games