1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Weird problem when turn on PC

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by mrthanhnguyen, Jul 18, 2014.

1. mrthanhnguyen

Thanks Received:
    When I press power button, all light on motherboard turn on for a few second ,but no beep, then it auto shut off the whole pc, then it auto turn on again, beep, and boot normal. I don't know why there 's an shutdown after power on the pc first time.

2. patrico

patrico

Thanks Received:
    hmm thats strange that it works ok after first time try,,did ya recheck collections and all parts are seated correctly, try and get it working barebones, one stick of ram ect, do yo have another psu to try?

3. P4-630

P4-630

Thanks Received:
    I had the same problem sometime ago, but I wanted to overclock the cpu , the pc restarted for the second time and it would only run on default settings.
    Did you overclock your hardware?

4. mrthanhnguyen

Thanks Received:
    yes I overclock the cpu,but it just happened a few weeks ago, and I built this pc 2 years ago, the new mobo for at least 6 months.

5. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The turn on, shutoff, then turn on with beep is the process the ASRock motherboard takes when overclock settings are changed and then applied. Your motherboard is setting overclocks on startup every time for some reason. Reset your BIOS to defaults, remove and reset the CMOS battery, and then reapply your overclock. You may need to tone it down a bit.

Ensure you test the system at stock clocks and voltages first, to see if it continues to do this after 4 or 5 boots.

rtwjunkie says thanks.