1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Weird problem with graphic card

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Marineborn, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    ima try to exsplain the situation without a wall of text.

so i have 2 5850's about 2 weeks ago i flashed my 790fx bios, rebooted all was good, somehow noticed that the second card wasnt crossfired or activated, so i was like okay driver problem tried 3 diffrent types of diffrent all clean installs, no go still wouldnt activate and the second card was reading bandiwth x1 instead of x16 so i was like okay i took it and flipped the cards around the x1 still read in the number 1 slot as x1 and the x16 card read in the 2 pci-e slot as x16 so it wasnt my motherboard, i tried flashing again bricked the motherboard.

got a new motherboard a asus ROG 890fx, installed both cards second card is still reading x1 and is showing as disabled in information and in gpuz, and is still showing as x1 but when i put the x1 card in the first slot and bench it, it benches just as well as a x16 5850, ive tried 5 diffrent crossfire bridges, i have more then enough power supple a toughpower 750, any ideas would be great im completly running out of them.

thanks for all the help guys

2. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    any ideas guys, running out of them quick and its making me very sad

3. Flibolito

Flibolito

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried reinstalling the OS, it sounds software related since everything worked fine before and you also switched motherboards. If the bios flash caused it it would seem the new motherboard would have fixed that. Try a format of the main Hard Disk and a fresh installation of OS & drivers.

4. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    indeed thanks very much i shall try this, doesnt really want to, but what choice do i have