1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Weird Problem with network usage

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by de.das.dude, Dec 2, 2011.

1. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    this happened before.

So whenever i log in to my connection, my network shoots to full usage and stays there. no matter what i do.

so i got myself network traffic viewer and noticed that this particular ip 203.197.114.20 and 203.197.114.21 are exchanging too mnay packets.

also, whenever i am having this problem, they are involved, and when i have an idle connection, they are nowhere to be seen.

so i ask my ISP (with a ken block voice) who the f is that and they tell me something about that being the live IP for the network.. they cant solve my problem either. wtf ami supposted to do now. i cant download pr0n at full speed :( FML
  2. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    y u no help?
  3. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Can you block those IP addresses somehow and see if its better? Also, what do they mean by "live IP for the network" ?
    de.das.dude says thanks.
  4. temp02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Both IPs belong/"resolve" to this Top Level Domain: vsnl.net.in, is that you ISP?
    Also, what ports are involved in these connections, are they started on your end, or is this just some port sniffing spam?
    de.das.dude says thanks.
  5. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    dunno if this still works but this link explains how to block ip's without a firewall or extra software, but using windows ipsec. of course windows firewall should work too.
    de.das.dude says thanks.
  6. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    hmm this is funny. i removed opera and installed a previous version. so far i havent faced the problem.

and yes that is my ISP.
  7. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    its back again, when i was reinstalling Dirt 3
  8. exodusprime1337

exodusprime1337

Thanks Received:
    Just point the ip back to your machine with the host file, not all that hard, however, i would get at your isp and see whats up.. perhaps check your computer for spyware/virii if possible
  9. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    no viruses. ISP FAILED. the thing someone linked doesnt seem to work for me. boohoo.

this still seems to be there. currently on a friends PC.

i should mention that my ethernet was acting weierd (showng no cable connected) and i ad to reflash the BIOS to get it to work. IS my MOBO dying again (6 months since last death)
  10. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i thought hosts file was just for pointing domains, i did not think it was able to point ips. is it as simple as replacing the domain with the ip?
  11. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    Well, one way to know that would be if you could get your hands on a network card and disable the onboard one. Any card should do...as long as it's PCI and has an ethernet port...
    If the behavior goes back to normal, it's possible the NIC chip is acting up. If the problem persists, bitch and moan to your ISP.
    Overclocks can sometimes mess up other peripherals, try running at stock and test it.
    (May I remind you that your motherboard wasn't really made to break records/run OC'ed to begin with.)
  12. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    already moadned my ISP and got my self a LAN card from a friend it solved the problem. tehn again so did reinstalling OS.
  13. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    Oh, so that's why you did it (OS reinstall).
    Still, try to run everything at stock and see if there's an improvement, with the onboard chip.
    That shouldn't be a problem for you, just time consuming.
  14. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    well its working ATM. but my VRM is dead. too much stress and BSOD BSOD BSOD