1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Weird problem with X1900CF Bios Flash..

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by slyder314, Aug 20, 2006.

1. slyder314 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi!!!I have à X1900 Crossfire Setup(BBA X1900XTX+X1900 Crossfire Edition) and i have a little issue after flashing my X1900CF.After flashing the CF board,my 2 card's work only in 2d mode.If i try any game or any benchmark... ATI VPU Recover.The only thing i do on my X1900CF is editing the frequency with Rabit 2.1(overdrive #2) to match with my other X1900XTX(650/775).

I flash with AtiFlash and i try also with ATIWinflash and alway's the same result.After reflash with the original bios all is ok.I don't know if someone understand my problem,but if you have any ideas or suggestion...your'e welcome.Thank's in advance..... :)

(sorry for my poor english...)

2. Changis New Member

Thanks Received:
    have you clocked your CF card (org bios) independently to see if it really can run @ those speeds?

3. slyder314 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes!!!This card can hold 710/835 with original voltage setting.If i use ATITool or ATI Overclocker i have no problem(with original bios).But i don't want to create à profile to change the frequency at the Windows Start-Up,i want to simply edit the frequency in the bios but it's seem to be à little bit tricky....When i édit the bios of the CF Card....no 3d mode possible..verry strange...

Thank's for your help Changis... :)

4. Changis New Member

Thanks Received:
    well havnt tried crossfire myself, so dont know if it would work, but can't you have both with original bios, then overclock in CCC or similar to your desired speeds?

5. slyder314 New Member

Thanks Received:
  6. Changis New Member

Thanks Received:
    mabye its the crossfire chip\driver\something that resets the clock speeds and not the card (i.e. the downclocking of your XTX)
    i think the best option would be to run stock bioses in both cards, then overclock them while crossfired (if that works) sorry I cant be of more help, since i have never used crossfire b4 and are answering on skill and logic alone ;)

7. slyder314 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think it's the only solution...but it's very bizarre.Just push the frequency à little bit in the bios of the CF card and both card going sick..lol.Like you said,it's certainly a driver or CrossFire Chip limitation...Thank's for all,you're very cool!!! :)

If anyone(exemple...ViperJohn....:) )have an ideas or an explaination to my weird probleme...let me know please,,,Thank's all!!!!(specialy Changis)

8. Changis New Member

Thanks Received:
    glad to help, trying to get crossfire on 2 GT's I certanly dont want to buy a mastercard for a 12pipe 256mb 575mhz card, specially when the price is basically the same as 2 GT's :p

9. AvenDexx New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've got the same problem with my X1800XT 512MB.

It works fine with the X1800XT PE Bios for several month. Now i find out the maximum frequencies with default VCore. My card works fine with 680/800 @ default VCore. I decided to edit the Bios with RaBit 2.1 to set this frequencies. I saved the Bios and flashed it with Winflash 1.05. Ok, now the restart. I'm glad to see, that this works. Then i tried several Benches and Games. I was wondering that all 3D-Applications are much slower then before.

With RivaTuner i find out, that my card doesn't change from 2D to 3D. There's something wrong and i don't know why.

Someone can help?

Greetz AvenDexx

Sorry for my bad english, i'm from germany and it's about 10 years ago that i go to school. :ohwell:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
  10. AvenDexx New Member

Thanks Received:
    In a German Forum we found out, that you only can change the default and Overdrive 1 frequencies. This works fine, but when you change the overdrive 2 frequencies, the card won't change from 2D to 3D.

Maybe it's a bug of RaBit 2.1 or the driver, maybe the Bios itself. We don't know.