1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Weird stuff happening

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Keiki, May 29, 2006.

1. Keiki New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, it seems sometimes my computer gives me a black screen when it's left idle for as little as 10 minutes. Although my hardware is running, fans are blowing and hard drives are spinning, my computer goes blank. It won't respond no matter how many times i bang my keyboard and press my mouse. Only a hard reset gets it back to normal. Anyone know why this is happening to my computer? or anyone with similar experiences? This has been happening to my old computer until the motherboard died and I had to replace it, I'm thinking this is another beginning to another motherboard failure...

2. vito7766

Thanks Received:
    The same thing is happening to me when I put my computer in standby. No matter what I do, nothing happens. Stanby worked with my old keyboard that had a special button for it, but with my new Logitech keyboard standby doesn't work.???:wtf:

3. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    switch all power saving options off and see if that helps.. or the system could just be crashing for whatever reason.. its not likely a new mobo is failing in the same way unless something else is causing it..

trog