1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Well folks, just got a 40% boost in gaming.

Discussion in 'Games' started by u2konline, Jan 1, 2009.

1. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    Yes i have been talking about it for years, actually since late 2004. But i have always found ways to improve gaming performance with my computer, so why bother?
    And now that my system is free from bottlenecking, and games are running like they should be, i have no plans to buy any secondary computer at this moment.

I will do it when i get ready, no rush. And to make this real clear, my secondary computer is for my newer games, and for new games in general or for games which does run good on this computer. I will have one computer for old , kinda old, new games and one computer for new games and newer.

Peace

2. Darren

Darren New Member

Thanks Received:

The fact that you upset everyone you speak to in all those forums you visit. The fact that they ban you because you dont listen.

I have nothing against people visiting multiple forums but why would you visit a forum to boast about your Crysis frame rate and your ATI 2400 Pro, just to repeat the cycle in another forum, and another forum. Do you think every forum wants to hear your recycled story over and over again?

We've seen posts dating back a year of you saying that you are "buying a secondary rig". You said a similar phrase in this thread, it takes doesn't over a year to buy a secondary rig, i think you are one of those perverts that get hard talking about old hardware.

Bullshit, you wouldn't even get past the full motion video at the start of the game on that specification.

Look, I'm going to tell you straight. You obviously have no intention of upgrading your PC any time soon, Knowone believes that your PC is playing any new games and epecially not Crysis.

Frankly if you want to play games like a slide show at low graphics go ahead. I'll be over here playing my games at very high detail, 4AA @ 1440x900.

Bye.

3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If you don't like a thread don't post in it. I don't see the point in making a fuss over it.

4. Darren

Darren New Member

Thanks Received:
    erocker,

The fact that he is registered to 75 other forums, according to him.

The fact that we've found other forums with the same topic/title as this one stemming back over a year.

I don't like wasting my time, but when someone comes on TPU claiming to use legacy hardware on a new game I'm always curious, but when I find him on every other forum with the same claims and copy and pasting arguments from forums in which this troll happens to be banned on in an attempt to make conversation here is insulting.

Initially I sent him a private message where I was willing to help him upgrade his rig, his so called "secondary rig", now that I've found out that the people in Guru3D and Futuremarks forum have already spec'd him a rig which he ignored and debunked despite asking for the help I'm pissed to see him here asking for the same favour.

erocker, if you want to waste your life getting this 80 year old pervert hard talking about his ancient hardware, go ahead. He already said his secondary rig has been postponed since "2004", that is 5 years ago. I got better things to do than to spec up a system for someone that takes half a decade to put together a build then adds further insult to injury by saying "actually my PIII/ATI 2400 Pro is enough" after all the effort and dialogue.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  5. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Dude you got a problem, perhaps you need to take time off from the forums and stop insulting members, as the quote you said earlier felt like a kick in my face; if dont like what's here go elsewhere.

6. erocker

Thanks Received:
    I've seen his videos and yes there is no way I could play at those framerates. I don't see the point in blasting him for doing it though. I really don't care about other forums he's been on as I'm concerned about this one. No one else really has a problem with it and I can see it's bothering you greatly, so I just ask you to leave this one alone. If he is indeed just craving attention you are giving it to him ten-fold.

Darren says thanks.
  7. lollerskater69 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Could you perhaps do some type of video?

I think it is pretty cool he gets decent frames with his old hardware. It's nice to see.

Take into consideration, everyone has their preferences. If the man gets 10-40 frames on games and he doesn't mind it.I dont mind playing at 30-40 frames at all. Some people are just really picky.

8. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    The reason i like posting the same information on another forums , not because i am trolling, nor am i bragging. I am just excited about how my performance is, so i tend to share the information with others. The feedback is pretty bad sometimes, but some of it, is nice.

And about my videos, some of them are choppy , and laggy because i was just testing the games out, and i have the resolution at 1280x1024. Now that my computer is free from bottlenecking, i will start recording at 1024x768 and the results should be better. I am not lying about my performance in games.

Anyways, lollerskater69, go to my video page:
    http://www.youtube.com/u2konline

Those crysis warhead videos and other videos, some of them are choppy because i was just testing and i was recording at 1280x1024, so of course they lag. Anyways, i am not a troll, for the person or people who said i am.

Take care :)

Oh and btw, it seems like people take offense for someone using a old rig in 2009. I don't see what the big deal is myself. If i refuse to upgrade even game performance is just fine, internet is fine, etc people called me a troll. I don't get it. My gaming performance is just fine, yea not perfect , but good enough. And i am happy with my Gateway 2000. :)

9. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    i could care less about framerates if the game is smooth as glass.

10. Katanai

Katanai

Thanks Received:
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dude that part made me leap out of my chair and crash on the couch, laughing uncontrollably.

:D

I mean Dude WTF?

Darren says thanks.
  11. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    Just a update. This is the first game which i have recorded since my computer has been bottleneck free. And this is proof on how fast of a performance i got. In the video, frames are moving at 25.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpUfAa7Qbsk

Outrun , i could never play this game before at decent settings.

Benchmarks:

With Bottleneck , 1024x768 or 1280x1024 = 7-15fps
    Without bottleneck, 1024x768 AAX2 = 20-50fps.

Major boost. lol

12. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:

my apologies if this seems a bit like a personal attack - I assure you i mean no disrespect....

'Bragging' & 'Trolling' being the key words. what do you suppose going on to I dunno - you say your registerd with 75 different forums but all ive heard is that your probably banned from a few of them despite being under different alias's more or less cutting & pasting the the same bit of text over & over again is?

no matter how excited you are - that to me is bragging,
    spamming messages around different forums & being registerd to 75??? as well as being banned from a handful of them, hmm possibly classed as trolling sort of.

& the other reason why people view you/your reports in a negative manner is because your reporting about tech which NOBODY at least in most tech forums have ever seen let alone used in the last 5-8years????

& of course the outstanding 'redcard' from Guru3d where somebody claimed that you actually asked for help building a 2nd system but in the end despite peoples time & effort they put in to get a good build you chose to ignore & waste their efforts because you still 'loved' your old rig too much to upgrade.

Maybe I am reading into the matter a bit too much. but your track record aint great either.

I am happy for you over the fact that you gained a chunk of extra performance. theres nothing wrong with wanting to let others know of your achievments. but you gotta keep your feelings in check & realise that not many people will care about what you did or have achieved unless its something durastic like running Crysis on a Intel SX/DX cpu.

Its good to have a shout about something that makes you proud once in a while - we're all intitled to it, but in this case i think you have taken it a little beyond shouting

I will say no more. If you are truely happy with your current setup then thats all that matters & I am happy for you.

13. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    I only posted the news on 3 different forums lol. Relax. I post on alot of different forums, i have been posting on alot of forums since what, 1999. But i only post on 6 different computer forums and i only shared the information on techpowerup and guru3d and techspot.

Don't let the other people fool you from guru3d, they came into this thread saying i was a troll and i do get called that alot on various forums, only because my views different from other people on certain subjects. For example, i use to post on a forum called Overclocking.net and people over there called me a troll for refusing to upgrade or i choose to use PCI cards which i see nothing wrong with that.

Also about me talking about buying my secondary computer and ignoring advice.
    Let me explain something to you. I never once made a thread and ask anyone for advice on what i should get. What i did was told people what i was buying, hint i only deal with " prebuilt " computers. And people will give me advice or tell me what is the best buy. I ignore them or should i say, i disagree, because i don't like the things which they suggest and when i do this, people start getting mad, and calling me a troll because i refuse to buy what they see is good or the best option. I told people i was sticking with using PCI cards, because i never had a problem with them and i like them and i support them, and after i said that people start calling me a troll.
    Or, i told people i was buying a Pentium Dual core and people will get mad. This is a free country right? All because someone else is using a Intel Quad core or whatever with 2 4870 Crossfire cards , do i have to buy it?
    No, i will rather buy what i like, which is a 8600GT PCI with GDDDR3 memory and a backup 1GB Diamond 4670, those are the 2 cards which i plan to buy for my secondary rig.

Now about asking people for help, drivers, etc. I do that, and i listen to what people have to say. And this is where the problem comes into to play. example: If i ask someone why do i get 224fps in a old pc game, with my 2400HD, but when i turn around i get 3-4fps?

Instead of people trying to figure out what it is, they say i need to upgrade my computer, i need to throw away my p3, etc. They never directly answer my question. But see, my computer was never the problem, neither was my card or my 90watts, the problem which alot of ATI users are aware of, its the opengl extensions in ati drivers, they are improving, but are way behind in performance compared to Nvidia. So that game which i have trouble with using the 2400HD, works flawless with my 6200. So obviously the problem is not with my computer, its the drivers.

So its all good and whatever, i just had to make this clear to everyone, i am not a troll lol.

Peace and take care :)

14. erocker

Thanks Received:
    I'll say this one last time (yeah, right). If you have a problem with someones posts, report it. Don't go flaming the poster about their thread.

15. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    What I don't get is that you can play crysis on medium, and I can't play it at low at 1024 x 768 with my 3450. Is it a driver problem or something idk.

16. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    Erocker, people can talk bad about me, or put me down, its doesn't bother me , i am use to it. It was worse years ago, i got death threats hahaah. People was trying to figure out who i was back then, but thats another story haha.

I always felt like this tho, don't post in a thread which you don't like or have no reason to do so. I just don't understand why people can't use whatever they feel like using. I started posting on computer forums back in what, 2006, never had any trouble like this on normal gaming forums, but on computers forum, OMG.

17. thee neonlightning

thee neonlightning New Member

Thanks Received:

Well , personally i dont see the need to howl "troll" at every opportunity , however , i still iam baffled that system works :laugh:

18. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Well, if you had the old components, put them together and tested it yourself you really wouldn't know.

That's all fine and good, but there are forum guidelines that people need to abide by. Also, the topic is not about people doing "whatever" to you, so let's keep things on topic or this thread will be closed. For some reason this thread is upsetting/confusing/displeasing some people and it's not worth the trouble. End of discussion.

19. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    Do you mind posting your full system specs on the rig, maybe i can figure it out. The whole specs, from the motherboard etc.

Its been working since 2000, i always found ways to improved it, and just to let you know, its stock at 600mhz, with 800 memory bandwidth. I never OC it, i don't know how too anyway :laugh:. I don't have alot of junk in my computer. My tower is small, but not too small, so there is alot of room in it. My PSU , i take apart, completely apart and clean it every year. Never seems to get warm too. After gaming for about 2-3 hours, it starts blowing out very cool air.

20. DrPepper

Thanks Received:
    I kinda agree though since most games won't let you install it if your pc doesn't meet the proper specifications. For example I used to have a compaq presario that had a 700mhz duron 1gb of ram and a 9550 but it wouldn't let me install battlefield 2 because the processor speed wasn't enough.

CPU - Q6600 at 3ghz
    RAM - 4gb at 1066mhz
    GPU - Asus 3450 512mb
    Motherboard - Asus P5N-T 780i

21. thee neonlightning

Thanks Received:
    If i had the parts i would test these ideas and theories , however , iam just getting to grips with PC jargon , i know alot in comparison to others though , i aint stupid :laugh:

22. thee neonlightning

Thanks Received:
    dedication ! well if something aint broke no need to fix it huh....

23. Gilletter

Gilletter

Thanks Received:
    post a video of it! that would shut up the people that are calling you a troll, show them proof :)

24. DrPepper

Thanks Received:
    The problem with posting a video using fraps is that it causes the pc to lag anyway.

25. thee neonlightning

Thanks Received:
    yep , thats a problem... if hes getting 15 frps , its gonna be cut down even more....