1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Well I'm not visiting kotaku anymore

Discussion in 'Games' started by RuskiSnajper, Feb 7, 2011.

1. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    Not that the sites commenting system was utterly stupid but now:

Just look at the new interface

www.kotaku.com

Phxprovost and BumbleBee say thanks.
  2. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
  3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't care. The new interface doesn't bother me, I will continue to lightly browse their website from time to time. Joystiq is a very good site, I visit it often.

*I actually like it better. You can scroll throught the stories in the right pane and read them on the left. The old way you scrolled through the stories, clicked on them and a new page came up. This seems obviously more simple and user friendly to me.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  4. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    I'm the same way. I find it efficient without having to scroll down the whole page to view every post, its nice to scroll on the right and view on the left. I like it more because when io9 changed their site first I was able to get through all the crap I didn't like to see.

5. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    They did this to Gizmodo as well. It it gonna take some getting used to, just like the new Microsoft Office interface.

6. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    The problem with this layout is there's no indication that the side there is scrollable until you mouse over and try it. The vast majority of their users won't get that and will just want to avoid the site and or complain. It's poorly engineered. People are stupid, things must always be excessively intuitive. Recalling the peon comments about the password leaks I'm not surprised at the idiocy of the gawker management.

BumbleBee says thanks.
  7. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    ive never bothered to look at this site before.. but i actually like the format and will problly visit it more often now. Thanks!

8. hellrazor

hellrazor

Thanks Received:
    Didn't slashdot change their layout, then change it back?

What's with everything nowadays?

9. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    It my case it's more of an annoyance than anything else. I go to kotaku through other sites linking their specific article, so I only read one article from them each week or month, so I don't need that new interface.

10. qamulek

qamulek New Member

Thanks Received:
    The only reason the new interface pisses me off is because my new netbook scrolls at a very low frame rate on the new format Kotaku is using, and my netbook has an e350 with 4gb of ram so WTF KOTAKU??? :confused:

It also took me a few times to try and log into TPU until one of my general passwords I use for stuff that doesn't matter worked. Oddly enough that was the password that was brute force hacked out of Kotaku a few months ago; just changed it now :roll:

11. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    yea i noticed it with gizmodo and was like wtf is this, then i realized the articles were on the right and just . . . . . . . left and then figured it all out later.

really hate the new layout though, the other one was easier to navigate