1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

wen is AMD going to lower there prices?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by overclocker, Jul 17, 2006.

1. overclocker

overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys im waiting for the 2X 3800 to come down in price but i cant wait much longer b/c i sold my komp so i could but newer stuff and i need it bad please post wen you think they will drop.

2. MTL New Member

Thanks Received:
    Do some research.

July 24th is the official day buy online retailers will probably take a few days to get the prices down on their systems. So, I would say July 31 at the latest.

3. overclocker

overclocker

Thanks Received:
    ok ty alot man :)

4. dduummyy New Member

Thanks Received:
    dont you just hate supply and demand? Why couldnt they lower the prices before intel started getting the upperhand again. Reminds me of the pump.

5. overclocker

overclocker

Thanks Received:
    yea its stupid i need a cpu!!! im playing on my lapy that has a xpress 200 vid card its ok and all but online it lags some times and its not fun .

6. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
    They're "shaking out the chumps" imo @ least

See subject-line/title above!

:)

Get what you can get, until you can't anymore probably - that kind of reasoning!

(And, there's always those that just can't hold off/wait!)

Heck, I bought the CPU I have because it is the "best bang for the buck" & longevity of performance, for HOW I use a system (multitasking fiend here quite often).

It dropped from $1,100++ or so, down to the $500-$600 range iirc, & I figured:

"Enough is enough, I can't wait anymore, as I have the cash on hand now & can pay straight-up for it + the rest of the system. Better that than financing & getting BURNED in the end... paying a huge percentage in interest & ending up paying 1/2 again as much!"

BUT, they'll drop again some more, it is inevitable... Intel's "Conroe" cpu family is making it so imo!

So, did I get a "Good Deal"?

Oh, I dunno... but, I have it now & can enjoy it!

I did get a break on it as is - because I was waiting/watching for more than 1.5 years or so, iirc, for this beast to come down to that level in price & I had the money, straight up, & no indebtedness/being an indentured servant to the credit card!

APK

Last edited: Jul 17, 2006