1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Went with Asus motherboard for first time, what to expect?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by JC316, Aug 9, 2008.

1. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    I went with the Asus P5Q Pro P45 motherboard and I need some advice on it. I hear that Asus uses a different BIOS and can be tricky to overclock, I just need advice on what to expect. Be prepared before I get it.
  2. BUCK NASTY

BUCK NASTY F@H Mod & 4P Enthusiust Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I have the P5q pro and let me tell ya' that it is a great board. I have had my E8400 to 4.3ghz with just voltage adjustments. My first Mobo was a Asus K8N-E S754 and it was rock solid. I will always choose Asus if the board has the features I am looking for.
    JC316 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. rakesh27 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Im on my second board, first was a Asus A8n32 SLI deluxe a awesome board then upgraded to second mobo which is Asus Crosshair.

Now this is the best, ultimate board i think, its got everything i need, all the connections i need and a great architecture.

Asus are a great brand, id probably stick with them for the future, only problem is i need a board with certain connections and spaces relating to PCI slots and other internal components, but u cant go wrong with Asus.
    JC316 says thanks.