1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Western Digital Outs My Book Duo 12 TB

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jul 23, 2014.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Western Digital rolled out a 12 TB variant of its My Book Duo external drive, which debuted last month in capacities originally up to 8 TB. The new 12 TB model comes with a pair of 6 TB WD Red hard drives pre-installed, which you can either use as independent volumes, or stripe in RAID 0 for transfer rates as high as 290 MB/s. Other RAID modes supported include RAID 1 and JBOD. The drive plugs into the host over a single USB 3.0 connection. It features an additional two USB 3.0 downstream ports, so you can plug in additional drives.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Ahivalahostia!!!!! ;^)

Priceless exclamation in Deep Spain.

[LOL RCoon! Well , lets add some more sauce:]

Now lets hope that transmission speed is decent. My "My Cloud" 3TB LAN based drive has miserable speeds of some 10 MB/s. Moving my data takes hours of course. I don't want to think in restoring a backup from it, nightmare!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    RCoon says thanks.
  3. bogami

bogami

Thanks Received:
    Price ?? 600€ ?? I am interested in the price .
    First coment response to the speed of data transfer through the Internet way so slowe lan NET ? 90 mb/s you geth 10 mb/s real download ,12.5% from LAN speed you hew is the useful information .! Other information that we are hew no use are designed to search for the desired transfer data in the cloud netic offer and where these data are located pieces of information, etc. Sorry about the confusion. I hope that now you know what I mean to say .

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  4. urza26

urza26

Thanks Received:
    I do not get what you are trying to say :S
    This is an external USB3 Raid enclosure with 2 WD Reds build into it, not a NAS.

5. Solidstate89

Solidstate89

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, this is a DAS, not a NAS. I don't know why he thinks it's connecting over LAN. The article even says USB 3.0.

6. D1RTYD1Z619

D1RTYD1Z619

Thanks Received:
    Jizzler says thanks.