1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[WTB] [WFF] Folding / Crunching Hardware!

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade/Giveaway Forum' started by kyle2020, May 26, 2009.

1. kyle2020 Guest

Right guys, Im looking to build an mATX / ATX dedicated folding rig to go alongside my 260 and Q6600 in my main rig (folding + crunching on this). Ill be running it open - box, so no need for a case. What am I looking for?

1. A motherboard - not too fussed about the socket type / chipset.

2. A processor - obviously if im going to be crunching on it I need a processor with a bit of guts - looking at something like an E2140 or similar, if AMD then a 4200+ or similar.

3. Some ram - be it a low specced DDR2 kit. Aslong as it passes memtest and wont crap out on me.

4. A power supply. 400W or so should be enough.

5. A graphics card. This is the main part so to speak. If I cant get anything off here, ill probably invest in a 9600GSO or similar.

6. A Harddrive. 80GB should be enough, ill be putting XP on it.

So, if you have any parts you arent using, or would be willing to part with fairly cheap, then please, let me know. Bear in mind that if you accept to send me something for free, ill cover postage costs and give you heatware feedback / a good rep afterwards. If you want to sell me something, please be mindful that the rig is on a very tight budget, so dont go asking if I want to buy a Q9650 or a 260, because I cannot afford it.

Cheers guys, and remember, all it takes is installing a program - if you havent already, why not try donating your spare clock cycles to a damn good cause - be it if you decide to crunch and / or fold, your making a huge difference either way. :toast:

2. kyle2020 Guest

bump - may have a rig coming into my posession (MSI AM2 board, 4200+ processor, 2GB of generic ram, simple beige case) however I still need a PSU / GFX!

3. p_o_s_pc

p_o_s_pc F@H&WCG addict

Thanks Received:
    good luck i had/have a thread like this (but for the US) i got a few great offers and some free hardware hope you get lucky too

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. kyle2020 Guest

Thanks p o s, as of yet not had any solid offers, but lets hope someone can send some hardware to a good home!

5. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    Yhpm .

6. kyle2020 Guest

replied.

7. choppy

choppy

Thanks Received:
    yhpm

8. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    gimme a week or so and i might give you my 80Gig barracuda.

9. kyle2020 Guest

Replied choppy, and that would be amazing White, thank you :)

10. kyle2020 Guest

bump

11. kyle2020 Guest

bump

12. kyle2020 Guest

I think im going to give this a few more bumps then call it a day.

13. thebeephaha

thebeephaha

Thanks Received:
    I have an AMD Athlon X2 4600+ AM2, might be good for a folding rig if you are still needing a proc. LMK

14. kyle2020 Guest

pm me with a price!

15. kyle2020 Guest

If a mod could lock this thread please, that would be spiffy. Got everything besides a Graphics Card, so see here for my new WTB thread. Cheers lads!