1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are the best fans for my situation ?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by stesea, Jul 17, 2013.

1. stesea New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys
    So, I recently bough a new PC :D .

Zalman Z11 / Asus Maximus VI Hero / 4670K / Asus DCII GTX 770 / Corsair TX 650 V2

After playing some games i realized that my gpu was running a little bit to hot from what i expected, due to the fact that it was not receiving any fresh air.

I've been trying to improve the airflow of my case, and decided that the best way to bring fresh air to the GPU would be to remove the drives cage( I dont need it, single 256gb 840pro), now the air from the front fan can more easily reach the gpu.

I would like to know what would be a good fan to do this job, since the stock one is useless ( no airflow at all :shadedshu )

I've looking to the corsair SP120, seems to have a good airflow from this review .

Here is a picture of the case:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

( Bottom drives cage was removed in mine )

Cheers ;)

2. d1nky

d1nky

Thanks Received:
    maybe its not the fans as much but where theyre positioned.

ive got the same case and airflow is pretty poor tbh so i put one below the gpu and one in the 5inch bay, my psu covers the bottom space

but look at my mod in my sig for some ideas.

any high airflow fans will do the job, the sp120s are great for water but the AF120s are best in the open, im addicted to them.

3. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    get the Silverstone air penetrator

4. Cyclops

Cyclops New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, The Silverstone AP121 is your best bet as it can push the air quite further than any other conventional case fan. You can also try Noctua's NF-F12. It has the same airflow characteristics but to a lesser extent. The overall air volume will be larger with the F12 but the AP121 will be able to move the air a lot further.

You can also mount a fan on the bottom of your chassis if you have the space. That is often the best way to feed fresh air to a graphics card that utilizes the open air cooler concept, i.e. any Asus DC/DCII graphics card.