1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are the causes of high ping on games?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by andymiesta, Apr 2, 2006.

1. andymiesta New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey everyone iam havin diffculties playing online games everytime i join my ping rate is sky high 999 has been the highest i have ran all software to search for spyware and viruses and none have been found could the high ping rate be caused by loads of people been on the internet ???????:confused:
    If someone could help me i would Appreciate it. It really IRRITATING :mad: when u can play !!!! well iam off to play far cry on the single player since i cant play the multi :rockout:

peace dudes

2. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    High ping can be due to a number of factors. What ISP are you with and whats your connection rate (ie 56k, 1mb, 2mb)

Also whilst your trying to play online games do you have any downloads on (ie eMule. Azureus etc)

3. KennyT772

KennyT772 New Member

Thanks Received:
    well there are many causes that arnt part of your connection too

network congestion locally...network repair thousands of miles away...slow internet subsystem...
    i could go on and on if u want me to

4. andymiesta New Member

Thanks Received:
    :rockout: 2 MB my internet connection....... its mint through the day its allways seems to be sundays for some reason i still think its cos a lot of peolpe are on the internet !
    theres no downloads running on my pc
    il just see wot the ping rate is tommorow on call of duty it will probly be noraml agen well thank for ya help dude

peace :D

HAPPY ONLINE GAMING!!!

5. andymiesta New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi dudes it now 12:21am my ping rates have returned to normal there now around the 45-60
    i think the reason was because loads of peeps were using the internet well iam off l8a :rockout: