• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
@rtwjunkie Yah I really should try that ... but it's hard when I can stand less than 2 yards behind a guard holding a torch and still be invisible.

I tried to make them hear me, and they did hear me after I had run around in circles for a bit. Really running. This is only the prolouge, it's not so bad when you turn off all the aids and magical highlights and whatever and ramp up the difficulty, but ... there are many bad eggs to swallow imo. :(

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
The game though .... as a long time Thief fan I'm ... well I'm trying to be positive, and there are some great things but ... mash "e" to pry open windows? Blink instead of jump? Way to much goth mascara? And it's way, way to bright and seriously no jumping? It's not as bad as I thought it would be, but it is pretty bloddy bad. And Stephen Russell would have worked great as a voice actor as this Garrett is not exactly a young pup as I understand it, and wait did wikipedia just tell me it's not even the same Garrett? :wtf:
Mashing E to pry I think is because that animation serves as a loading screen. By having to smash, its giving it more time to load the next scene. The same goes for moving that board.

:confused: I remember jumping a lot but I guess they could have been scripted (e.g. jump to rope, jump off of rope, jump up to ledge, etc.). I guess I really didn't notice it because it is a stealth game. Jumping is a highly visible action.

The asylum is the only truly dark part of the game much like it was in Deadly Shadows. The first few missions are pretty well lit except for occasional shadows to hide in.

Garrett is probably in his thirties or forties.

@rtwjunkie Yah I really should try that ... but it's hard when I can stand less than 2 yards behind a guard holding a torch and still be invisible.

I tried to make them hear me, and they did hear me after I had run around in circles for a bit. Really running. This is only the prolouge, it's not so bad when you turn off all the aids and magical highlights and whatever and ramp up the difficulty, but ... there are many bad eggs to swallow imo. :(
Are you playing on the hardest difficulty? Also, that part is specifically designed for you to be able to follow them because there is no alternative route there.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Mouse Logitech G602
Software Windows 10 Pro
Mashing E to pry I think is because that animation serves as a loading screen. By having to smash, its giving it more time to load the next scene. The same goes for moving that board.

Possibly, still don't like it.

:confused: I remember jumping a lot but I guess they could have been scripted (e.g. jump to rope, jump off of rope, jump up to ledge, etc.). I guess I really didn't notice it because it is a stealth game. Jumping is a highly visible action.

It removes a LOT of the freedom this kind of game should have. I can't jump over a carrier or boxes to reach my goal unless the game is scripted for it.
Garrett is probably in his thirties or forties.

Exactly.

Are you playing on the hardest difficulty? Also, that part is specifically designed for you to be able to follow them because there is no alternative route there.

Aye I am. The screenshot was just to illustrate that I'm able to stand a few yards from a torch and the gem, which btw only has three settings, is fully black.

Started playing Dungeon Keeper Gold from GOG. Haven't played it when it was the thing so now I'm playing it. It's nice though a bit repetitive. Hoard the minions, train them tilly ou run out of money and attack in a giant steamrolling formation :D

System Name Lynni PS \ Lenowo TwinkPad T480
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700 Raphael \ i7-8550U Kaby Lake-R
Motherboard ASRock B650M PG Riptide Bios v. 2.02 AMD AGESA 1.1.0.0 \ Lenowo 20L60036MX Bios 1.47
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black (Only middle fan) \ Lenowo WN-2
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHZ CL36-36-36-96 AMD EXPO \ Willk Elektronik 2x16GB 2666MHZ CL17
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX™ 4070 Dual OC GPU: 2325-2355 MEM: 1462| Nvidia GeForce MX™ 150 2GB GDDR5 Micron
Storage Gigabyte M30 1TB|Sabrent Rocket 2TB| HDD: 10TB|1TB \ SKHynix 256GB 2242 3x2 | WD SN700 1TB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 27GP850-B 1440p@165Hz | LG 48CX OLED 4K HDR | AUO 14" 1440p IPS
Case Asus Prime AP201 White Mesh | Lenowo T480 chassis
Audio Device(s) Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 750W Goldie | 65W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeedy Wireless | Lenowo TouchPad & Logitech G305
Keyboard Akko 3108 DS Horizon V2 Cream Yellow | T480 UK Lumi
Software Win11 Pro 23H2 UK
Benchmark Scores 3DMARK: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/89434432? GPU-Z: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details/v3zbr
Still i mostly play Aion still, but also been doing Alan Wake lately and more Life is Strange, and Wolfenstein: The New Order :D

Totally forgot about Life is strange that got the second episode several days ago. I wish there was a notification for episode where you buy the whole series. It just updates silently and that's it.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Is Life is Strange any good?

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider

I haven't played the second ep, bought the whole... I am busy with with Final Fantasy XIII, I am starting to hate it as much it takes place on my PC... But for the sake of FF series completion... I will finish that crap.

There are pluses and minuses... The story didn't take off much in part one, there are stereotypical things and the char development kind of lacks depth. But hey... it is only part one... There could be many surprises.

The first episode was very good. It's a sort of point and click adventure that kinda plays like The Walking Dead but has entirely different theme. It also has time reversing mechanic which is interesting. And the visuals are just jaw dropping.

You can check my brief review here: https://rejzor.wordpress.com/2015/02/04/life-is-strange/ (with images to give you a rough idea how it looks). For around 20 € and if you like adventures it's an excellent option imo.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling be quiet dark rock pro 3
Memory GSKill Aegis 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon RX 7800 XT Hellhound 16GB GDDR6 256-bit
Storage Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 1TB , HyperX Savage 240GB SATA 3
Display(s) Benq EX2780Q
Case Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900
Audio Device(s) Sound BlasterX G6
Power Supply Seasonic prime TX-650
Mouse Marvo Scorpion G981
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Elite - Yellow Switch
Software Windows 10 Pro
Shame that Pillars of Eternity is not one of the main titles of 2015. It very well should be. It has been a long time since i have seen such a well polished game. Sure Dragon Age Inquisition is one of these games,but it comes from a company that has all the money they need, bringing a title that everybody expects to be this much "well polished" and much more even.
Obsidian Entertainment, has done so good with Pillars of Eternity. This game is worth every penny http://www.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_hero_edition And it is an expensive penny. At 41 euros is more expensive then Inquisition. But this delivers a different feeling,with different gameplay. So it's hard to compare the two in terms of value.
Pillars of Eternity is one of the best pc game exclusive of the year. I am already 4 hours in the game,and i am loving it !

Jesus christ Dungeon Keeper sucks. It was fine in the first few levels but now I was so pissed at this crap I just stopped playing it. The stupid Ai has its mind of its own and if that's not bad enough, everything goes to shit when you run out of money. And despite having a massive pile of it in fron tof me to dig, not a single asshole Imp is digging it. WTF!? Not to mention there seems to be some shitty enemy dungeon somewhere but none of my fuckers obey me anyway so whats the freaking point. I don't know if it's this GOG version that is bugged but this is absolutely unplaybale (along with horrifyingly low framerate).

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
Shame that Pillars of Eternity is not one of the main titles of 2015. It very well should be. It has been a long time since i have seen such a well polished game. Sure Dragon Age Inquisition is one of these games,but it comes from a company that has all the money they need, bringing a title that everybody expects to be this much "well polished" and much more even.
Obsidian Entertainment, has done so good with Pillars of Eternity. This game is worth every penny http://www.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_hero_edition And it is an expensive penny. At 41 euros is more expensive then Inquisition. But this delivers a different feeling,with different gameplay. So it's hard to compare the two in terms of value.
Pillars of Eternity is one of the best pc game exclusive of the year. I am already 4 hours in the game,and i am loving it !

I was thinking of picking it up i got divinity original sin as well. because these games remind me of NWN 1 and 2, im also looking at Ori and woolfe. but those might come next paycheck.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Display(s) Benq EX2780Q
Software Windows 10 Pro
I was thinking of picking it up

Depending on how much money you have,consider you choice wisely!
I don't know witch one is more difficult . Divinity , or PoE. Divinity for me was to hard. And i find this one hard as well, on easy settings. I am not good at this type of games. There different mechanics here at work.
In free to explore games like Dragon Age or Skyrim you can always stumble upon a very difficult area. You know you are int he wrong place if the mob is red,or something indicating it is higher lvl than you. Also you get killed to fast,and the mob does huge damage. However in such games as mentioned above these are not mistakes. There actually very encouraged by the game. You'r supposed to explore. Uncover every single rock or cave. The mobs can even be killed will enough patience and tactics. It's all awesome and rewarding in various ways.
NOT the case in Divinity or PoE. So far in Pillars of Eternity things for me are sad. This game does not encourage exploration.
SPOILER / Example: You're supposed to get to one place to another. You're entire party gets killed (plot twist it's supposed to happen). If you take any path then the one you supposed to, you get killed! And by instinct you will try to explore,but you will get killed 1-5 times depending on how stubborn you are. There like two bandits and a wolf. You get killed in one hit, you don't even have time to react. Same happens with full party if you stray from the path later in game . The mobs are insanely hard. It only lets you kill those mobs when you take on the quest maybe 10 hours later. These games(Divinity & PoE) let you explore ,but at the same time they don't .

Other then that Pillar of Destiny is very expensive for what it offers. I think it would be a very good game if it would cost 10 euros max. It's like you are playing an 1080p HD enchated version of Bladurs Gates or Icewind Dale. Be careful, there just to many game mechanics dating back that era: map visibility after an area has been explored, hot skill bar, targeting (camera) system, lack of voice acting etc. This is a 41 euros + VAT game. I get it, the game builds a distinctive atmosphere when adding writing on a scroll next to a image instead of an cutscene. But there is more voice acting in Icewind Dale then there is in this game! It has to many old not polished or not revamped game mechanics . And all this for 41 euros or an insanely 84 if you get the Champion Edition.

Divinity Original Sin was crisp and brand new from top to bottom. You felt like you were playing a new age game. And if you could get past the overall game difficulty you were left with a 10 out of 10 superb pc game! Not the same can be said about Pillars of Eternity.
After my personal 15 hours of gameplay , 41 euros is way to much! Maybe you should wait for a solid discount.

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
Depending on how much money you have,consider you choice wisely!
I don't know witch one is more difficult . Divinity , or PoE. Divinity for me was to hard. And i find this one hard as well, on easy settings. I am not good at this type of games. There different mechanics here at work.
In free to explore games like Dragon Age or Skyrim you can always stumble upon a very difficult area. You know you are int he wrong place if the mob is red,or something indicating it is higher lvl than you. Also you get killed to fast,and the mob does huge damage. However in such games as mentioned above these are not mistakes. There actually very encouraged by the game. You'r supposed to explore. Uncover every single rock or cave. The mobs can even be killed will enough patience and tactics. It's all awesome and rewarding in various ways.
NOT the case in Divinity or PoE. So far in Pillars of Eternity things for me are sad. This game does not encourage exploration.
SPOILER / Example: You're supposed to get to one place to another. You're entire party gets killed (plot twist it's supposed to happen). If you take any path then the one you supposed to, you get killed! And by instinct you will try to explore,but you will get killed 1-5 times depending on how stubborn you are. There like two bandits and a wolf. You get killed in one hit, you don't even have time to react. Same happens with full party if you stray from the path later in game . The mobs are insanely hard. It only lets you kill those mobs when you take on the quest maybe 10 hours later. These games(Divinity & PoE) let you explore ,but at the same time they don't .

Other then that Pillar of Destiny is very expensive for what it offers. I think it would be a very good game if it would cost 10 euros max. It's like you are playing an 1080p HD enchated version of Bladurs Gates or Icewind Dale. Be careful, there just to many game mechanics dating back that era: map visibility after an area has been explored, hot skill bar, targeting (camera) system, lack of voice acting etc. This is a 41 euros + VAT game. I get it, the game builds a distinctive atmosphere when adding writing on a scroll next to a image instead of an cutscene. But there is more voice acting in Icewind Dale then there is in this game! It has to many old not polished or not revamped game mechanics . And all this for 41 euros or an insanely 84 if you get the Champion Edition.

Divinity Original Sin was crisp and brand new from top to bottom. You felt like you were playing a new age game. And if you could get past the overall game difficulty you were left with a 10 out of 10 superb pc game! Not the same can be said about Pillars of Eternity.
After my personal 15 hours of gameplay , 41 euros is way to much! Maybe you should wait for a solid discount.

I agree and disagree here. I do agree that Pillar of Eternity is a bit over priced. I backed it at the KS level, and felt that I may have put a bit much in it myself. My recommendation is to wait a small number of months (I expect), as it should come down. However, I do feel that 10 euros is WAY too low for this game. There a LOT of time in the game, over 70 hours expected, and that's NOT a 10 euro game within 2-3 years. Check out the reviews, check with @RCoon , then make your call. If you loved any of the Baldur's Gate era games, you love this one.

System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Motherboard MSI Pro B660M-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II High Performance CPU Water cooler- 240mm
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16GB) 3600
Video Card(s) 7900XTX gigabyte OC edition
Storage WD Black SN770 1TB SSD M.2 2280 NVME x2
Display(s) TV LG C2
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 Full Tower Case Tempered
Audio Device(s) Mother board + Sennhiser HD650+ Elgato wave xlr + shure SM7B
Power Supply EVGA 1600w G+
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Keyboard Corsair RBG mini K65 + Steelseries Apex150
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores over 9000
I agree and disagree here. I do agree that Pillar of Eternity is a bit over priced. I backed it at the KS level, and felt that I may have put a bit much in it myself. My recommendation is to wait a small number of months (I expect), as it should come down. However, I do feel that 10 euros is WAY too low for this game. There a LOT of time in the game, over 70 hours expected, and that's NOT a 10 euro game within 2-3 years. Check out the reviews, check with @RCoon , then make your call. If you loved any of the Baldur's Gate era games, you love this one.
I bought pillars for 19.99£ from CJS-cdkeys because on steam it was too pricey,but game is worth to play havent played good RPG in a long time.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro

Content-wise the game is well priced. There are side-quests (and hidden ones) oozing from the floorboards. I think it's a neat halfway gap between Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights. Baldur's gate wasn't very new player friendly, and didn't really make it clear where the hell you should go. Pillars fixes that, tells you exactly which direction to take for your main quest, but offers you dozens of alternative areas to explore, and clearly tells you which map (not the exact location) you should be looking in for a quest's progression. It doesn't hold your hand by any standards, but I think it subtly helps the player along.

Graphics-wise it was a little less than exciting, but hardcore D&D fans don't care about graphics too much. It's still got better graphics than most games fitting into this genre. Not quite Original Sin in terms of fidelity, but I'd say it matches Original Sin for quality of game. They both cater to different niche markets of D&D games, and Pillars is more oldschool. It's an awesome game for sure, but it is a spot overpriced. Certainly not $45, probably closer to $35-40. I didn't pay full price though, I got a discounted copy, and I'm pretty satisfied.

I ballsed up my first character though, started again last night. Monks are not competent tanks unless you build them as such off the bat. I was getting killed in every single fight, ended up making a companion at the Inn, Druid Stag tank, but it still didn't help much. Started again and threw up Constitution and Resilience up to 18 and 16, with a spot of Might for damage, this time as a Dwarf instead of Godlike. Also, don't attempt to play a monk without any armor. You don't need that many wounds to DPS early game :D

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
RIDE :peace:
Stelvio pass was surprise!

Also an awesome game. Haven't play a bike racing sim since the year 2000. Just feels damn good, although collision physics need work.

Processor Intel Core i5-11400F 2.6GHz
Motherboard H510M-A Pro
Cooling Hyper H410R RGB
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge
Display(s) LG 27M47VQ 27 inches 2 ms FULL HD HDMI Gaming Monitor
Case Thermaltake Versa T27 TG 750W
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair CX750 ATX 80PLUS (750W)
Software Windows 11 Home Edition 64-bit
For now, Elder Scrolls Online.

I'm very curious about the below game called Pillars of Eternity. Can you please explain, why I should buy this game? :)

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
For now, Elder Scrolls Online.

I'm very curious about the below game called Pillars of Eternity. Can you please explain, why I should buy this game? :)

Every played Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights or Icewind Dale?

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
@wolfaust: I predict Pillars of Eternity will be the sleeper hit of the year.

Processor Intel Core i5-11400F 2.6GHz
Motherboard H510M-A Pro
Cooling Hyper H410R RGB
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge
Display(s) LG 27M47VQ 27 inches 2 ms FULL HD HDMI Gaming Monitor
Case Thermaltake Versa T27 TG 750W
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair CX750 ATX 80PLUS (750W)
Software Windows 11 Home Edition 64-bit
Every played Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights or Icewind Dale?

Yes, I'm still playing these games. If Pillars of Eternity's lore similar with Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights or Icewind Dale, I can buy this game. :)

@wolfaust: I predict Pillars of Eternity will be the sleeper hit of the year.

I've read the game reviews and they are suggest this game for old-school game fans.

System Name Rainbow Puke Machine :D
Processor Intel Core i5-11400 (MCE enabled, PL removed)
Motherboard ASUS STRIX B560-G GAMING WIFI mATX
Cooling Corsair H60i RGB PRO XT AIO + HD120 RGB (x3) + SP120 RGB PRO (x3) + Commander PRO
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 2 x 8GB 3200MHz DDR4 C16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX2060 Twin Fan 6GB GDDR6 (Stock)
Storage Corsair MP600 PRO 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 SSD
Display(s) LG 29WK600-W Ultrawide 1080p IPS Monitor (primary display)
Case Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow (White) w/Lighting Node CORE + Lighting Node PRO RGB LED Strips (x4).
Audio Device(s) ASUS ROG Supreme FX S1220A w/ Savitech SV3H712 AMP + Sonic Studio 3 suite
Power Supply Corsair RM750x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB FPS Gaming (White)
Keyboard Corsair K60 PRO RGB Mechanical w/ Cherry VIOLA Switches
Software Windows 11 Professional x64 (Update 23H2)
Currently playing TERA: Fate of Arun. Grinding for levels, relic pieces for avatar weapons & helping others completing a somewhat daunting task like slaying a BAM & whatnot.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Mouse Logitech G602
Software Windows 10 Pro

I haven't played Pillars, but I'd take walls of text over voice acting any day. Well written text does wonders for the ambience and feel of the game. Voiceover is great, but it does makes for a more cinematic experience, which can actually be hurtful. It's exactly the same argument as in books vs movies, or close to it any way. The text snippets in Wasteland 2 adds so much feel to the game that would not have been possible otherwise. One example is smells. It's supremely difficult to convey them with graphics and audio, but well written text can convey anything, and it can be very powerful because it's actually you who create the feeling.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Display(s) Benq EX2780Q
Software Windows 10 Pro
Currently playing TERA: Fate of Arun. Grinding for levels, relic pieces for avatar weapons & helping others completing a somewhat daunting task like slaying a BAM & whatnot.
what is your class & race ? I had an elf berserker (lvl 40) and a human mage(lvl 50+)
I think Tera is the only free to play mmo that is worth playing. The graphics are incomparable to anything out there. And after Tera, you can not go back to a "click to target" system ever again.

Currently playing Mark of the Ninja ,and i can do better then this in terms of score

Last edited: