1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What ATI Drivers Do You Use????

Discussion in 'General Software' started by acousticlemur, Mar 16, 2007.

1. acousticlemur

acousticlemur New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey i was just wondering what "Tweaked" Drivers you all use? i have been using Omega for quite a while with out any problems, and 20 to 40 FPS diferance. But in the last few days it has been pretty crazy........I will be playing BF2 for a hour or so and the screen went black sound stuttered, and i woke up at a spawn point. happens a few times a night. just wondering if you guys think it could be driver related. and what drivers you use.:rockout: :respect: :rockout: :toast: ;) :eek: :confused: :D :cry: :( :ohwell: :respect:

NOT SURE IF THIS SHOULD BE HERE OR IN THE SOFTWARE SECTION
  2. anticlutch

anticlutch New Member

Thanks Received:
    Personally, I use the Warcat 7.1's... they seem pretty stable and gave me a huge performance increase over the standard ATI drivers :D
  3. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I just use Catalyst 6.5.
  4. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    7.1 for now
  5. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    the 7.2, but i have been using 6.9 for a while...its running very stable for me, 7.2 seems good to.
  6. acousticlemur

acousticlemur New Member

Thanks Received:
    are there any "tweaked" drivers that are any better than the others? i gues if i had a decent vid card i would not have to worry about it. :D but for now i am trying to get the most out of it that i can
  7. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    Omega drivers are really good. Also NGO drivers good too. I have used both of these and they seem to work really well. ATM I am using stock ATI drivers as I have crossfire.
  8. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    "I will be playing BF2 for a hour or so and the screen went black sound stuttered, and i woke up at a spawn point. happens a few times a night. just wondering if you guys think it could be driver related."Or LSD related,..lol.
    Just try regular ATI drivers and see if it still happens.
    Hope it is not card related.
  9. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like what happened to me last sat night.. :)

Did you install bf2 prior to updating drivers?? If so, re-install the game that may help. Also you do have an old vcard (but a legendary one in its time). Make sure you don't have the settings turned up to high. what res are you playin it @??
  10. mandelore

mandelore New Member

Thanks Received:
    UK-small Village in a Valley Near Newcastle
    outa curiosity, when u use the modded drivers, what settings are you NOT allowed to touch?? i take it u can freely change AA / AF etc? just dunno specifically which settings not to monkey with
  11. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    WarCats , Omegas , Ngos have almost the same tweaks so it is more about the rig you have and which driver set has optimisations that agree with it so test them all , do a bench and find out whats best for you :)
  12. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I'm using stock 7.2's without the CCC, using Ati Tray Tools instead. Had some issues with the omega 7.1s on my machine. Wasn't 100% stable for me. They really hated GRAW for some reason.
  13. acousticlemur

acousticlemur New Member

Thanks Received:

800-600 and settings on medium. anything lower in quality and i can see far enough into the distance, and end up getting killed by people i cant even see. man i need a new vid card! :D