1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What Can Thermaltake Do For You?

Discussion in 'Thermaltake' started by Tt Enthusiasts, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Tt Enthusiasts

Tt Enthusiasts Thermaltake Rep

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

Thermaltake is actively working on getting community feedback on existing and future Thermaltake products. We would like you as the enthusiast community to provide feedback on your experience with present Thermaltake product, and also any product, Idea or changes you would like to see from Thermaltake in the future. Thermaltake is here to support the enthusiast community and we would like to address any issues or concerns you have so that your experience with Thermaltake is excellent and our products will improve to better suit your needs. Please feel free to discuss, comment or provide suggestions as we are here for you and we are willing to work directly with you to assist with any issues that may arise. We have opened a Thermaltake support section in the Thermaltake forums so that you have a place to seek assistance or make suggestions on existing Thermaltake products or what you would like to see from Thermaltake.

Thank you
    Thermaltake Enthusiasts support

2. POGE

POGE New Member

Thanks Received:
    Continue supporting e-Sports particulararly SC2! I've been a fan of the thermaltake brand since my good ole Big Typhoon. :)

3. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
  4. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Thats excellent to hear.

We love SCII me included. I am no good at it though..

our eSPORTS community manager is a best though. :respect:

thank you for the feedback

cheesy999 says thanks.
  5. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Short circuit protection will protect against major rail shorts but unfortunately in some cases when a component on a board shorts it can damage the board before any sort of protection on the PSU could kick in.

component level can definitely be tricky as even if the psu shuts off the caps on the board still have power. and in some cases alot of power stored up.

cheesy999 says thanks.
  6. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes please, we need more White-Ra's out there! Speshul Taktix for the win!

I would like to see a more affordable (and sensible) elite case from TT, Level 10 (GT) is a bit too hard to work with. Something along the lines of Corsair 800D, but different.

7. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    well i'm in the market for a new PSU anyway, is it any good?

What sort of equipment could i run off it?

8. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Thermaltake PSUs are generally of high quality, I would not hesitate to recommend them if the price is right.

9. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    thats the thing, £55 is very good price for a 575W modular, but it's still a lot more then i really want to pay at the moment

What are the chances it will break, and if it does break, can i carry on using it like my current one?

10. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Toughpower XT are excellent PSU's but I would hesitate to ask what hardware can you hook to it.

I would much rather ask what hardware do you plan to run so I can better recommend the correct PSU.

cheesy999 says thanks.
  11. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    Any of news on when the bigwater a80 is launching?

12. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Nice to see a Tt rep join our forum! Welcome to TPU:)

Crunching for Team TPU
  13. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    VERY soon :)

I have one here at my desk :) its a great unit depending on your expectations.

Its not gonna beat a custom loop but for a good liquid cooling that just works.... then you will like it alot.

14. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:

Thank you to W1zzard and the community for allowing us space to get your feedback :)

xvi, AlienIsGOD and cheesy999 say thanks.
  15. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    it will be a mildly overclocked phenom ii B55, and a GTS 250, but it may eventually stretch to a GTX 560 or a 6870 (or even a 600/700 or 7000/8000) series, as i keep tech for a very long time, there will be 2 hard drives (for the moment) as well as some fans, neon lights etc

16. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    It sounds like that should be fine. However if you were to go multi card it could be problematic.

it should be fine and even with a lil headroom for that setup

cheesy999 says thanks.
  17. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    just how tough are they though?, because my current PSU has been broken for 3 weeks, (ordinarily, i'd send it back under warranty, but i bought it here and the user i bought it from is not responding to my PM's) and yet i've still been using it to power my rig.

Basically, does it fit my needs of something that'll provide power no matter what happens to it, and will it last for 10 years +

18. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    Tt Enthusiasts Welcome to TPU! I love them ToughPower PSU's!:toast:

19. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    I wish I could say it would last 10 years but im not going to lie to you. Anyone who guarantees a computer component WILL last you 10 years is lying to you.

but the PSU is a good model and for your usage I would recommend it.

The problem with what you ask is will it last anything that happens to it, well yes it is strong but anything that happens can mean some really bad stuff that no component will survive :(

you guys really putting my feet to the coals quick eh? ;)

20. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Thank you, I am happy to see so many of you are familiar with our products and are having good experiences.

Please like I originally said let us know any feedback so that we can further improve to meet your needs.

21. POGE

POGE New Member

Thanks Received:
    I guess the only real question I have about the PSU now is... WILL IT BLEND?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8H29jU8Wrs

22. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    A suggestion for your next refresh of top end PSU models (platinum perhaps?). 100% modular. People seems to be craving that. I guess it makes working in a rig easier when you can take all the cables out, and for dual psu mods.

23. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    the metal case would likely avoid its ability to blend well but it may be fun to watch :D

24. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    The problem with fully modular design is that your always going to use a 24pin and a 8 pin... and those are very critical power connections so we like to have them hard wired/soldered to ensure good solid power connections.

when you introduce a modular connector you introduce a possible weak point which is one wire is loose can cause build up of heat and unstable power delivery.

if you look at the Toughpower Grand series the only non modular connections are the 24 pin and the ATX CPU 12V connections. :)

25. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Cases with bigger side windows? I would barely consider my V4 as having a window, while the new Commander MS-I (which IMO looks like an improved V4) and Spacecraft VF-I have what you would call "half a window."

A new non-tower CPU cooler? 4-6 heatpipes, with 120mm LED fan...it would be around 130-140mm high (with the fan thickness included in that).