1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What Can Thermaltake Do For You?

Discussion in 'Thermaltake' started by Tt Enthusiasts, Aug 2, 2011.

1. LordJummy

LordJummy New Member

Thanks Received:
    You could let me exchange my ISGC Fan 12's for something with a bit more static pressure :)

I originally bought them just to test them out in general, but aside from being quiet they don't do what I need. I boxed them up after testing them for one day. Unfortunate because they are pretty, and very high quality.
  2. Ilden New Member

Thanks Received:
    Get back to your aluminum roots. Economy is no excuse. People are more than willing to spend upwards of $250 on those crappy steel Corsair boxes. Which means you can compete. In aluminum.

Less plastic moldings.

Sleeve all case cables.

Give me a proper mATX Lanbox. Something that is refined; not designed for a 15 year-old. Top-down design. Room for a 240 radiator on each side panel. Three front 5.25" bays: One for the fan controller, the other two for a dual-bay res. Front-mounted PSU beneath the drive bays. Placement for two vertical HDDs (just 2 total). Toss mounting for two SSDs somewhere. No optical drive necessary.

Easy enough.
  3. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    On cases where you have cable routing behind the motherboard make sure there's really sufficient room to run the cables. Every case I've run cables behind has barely had room. I have to really work on getting my Lian's side panel on and this is with flat cables and a modular unit. Probably wouldn't be such an issue if the 24/8 pin MB and pci-e connectors were flat too, but they never are. Perhaps include a little wiring diagram to show how you routed the board cables in the lab tests.
  4. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    Extra thumb screws (even if they're the kind with the plastic tops) and a bag of zip ties with each case would be awesome. (if you haven't already started doing that, hard to tell from in-store displays since parts are usually missing, which of course isn't Tt's fault)
    More than 25k PPD
  5. theubersmurf

theubersmurf

Thanks Received:
    I wondered if you could find out if this fp USB 3.0 connector, available in the thermaltake store could be used to replace the fp e-SATA connector on a Thermaltake Armor+? It looks like it's identical. But without actually buying one and installing one, I don't know for certain.

Sorry to repost this, but without the link, I can imagine it having been read, and it's never being returned to. So here is the post with the correct link intact.
  6. Tt Enthusiasts

Tt Enthusiasts Thermaltake Rep

Thanks Received:
    The Esata port mounting hole center to center is approx 1.25" with my micrometer skills...

the USB 3.0 is 1.116 approx... so if you can hog the holes out a little you might be able to make it happen.

This is a 2x usb 3.0 cable with an internal 20 pin header. but the screws are about a 10th of an inch closer together.
    theubersmurf says thanks.
  7. theubersmurf

theubersmurf

Thanks Received:
    I may just buy one and try to soften the plastic or something, this seems an assailable task really.
  8. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    its very close to be honest but I dont wanna say it will fit as it is a lil off.
  9. theubersmurf

theubersmurf

Thanks Received:
    That's fine, you got me a real answer, which is all I really want. I remember the eSATA connector and that large plastic end that includes the connector was a lot plastic around other parts, I think that it could probably be softened without damaging the electronics. Or simply crushed slightly into a new shape with a vice or something. A vice might work better.
  10. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    I bet you can probably do it.
  11. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    having issues with my Tt Black mouse during gaming, how is RMA process?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  12. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

If you contact our support team they will be more than happy to assist you.

RMA if your product has an issue is no problem we will get it replaced right away.
    AthlonX2 and AlienIsGOD say thanks.
  13. drade

drade

Thanks Received:
    I have been a frequent buyer of Thermaltake for quite some time now. Most products I have been very pleased with; but one, has been acting very funny. I bought your Thermaltake toughpower 775w, and the fan is making a very strange noise when I game after an hour. It's stable, there are no issues. It's not hot at all, I am just wondering is this normal? It's a little noticeable in sound, and you guys claim it's a silent bronze rated PSU. Thank you.
  14. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

there should be no noise except possible fan noise. is it the fan noise or can you isolate the GPU to ensure it is directly form the PSU?

if you are getting strange behavior from your PSU we will get you taken care of but last thing I want is for you to replace the PSU to have the same issue due to an inductor noise on the card itself :)
  15. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    Hey thermaltake. Why does it take over 7 days to process an order from your website?! I ordered a keyboard and mouse on the 22nd and its now the 30th and I still havent even had my . I am sorry but that is just unacceptable in my eyes.

So what can thermaltake do for me? First maybe you can ship my order and then maybe explain to me why it takes over a week to process an order.
  16. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    No offense to Tt here, but why would you order it from the website? Surely you can find the same thing on newegg?
  17. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
  18. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    because of their black friday sale. got some amazing deals. challenger pro keyboard and tt esports laser gaming mouse for a total of $60 shipped. Guess the deals were to good to be true though..
  19. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    they'll get it to you, i have no doubt in that but if there was a black friday deal im sure your not the only one who ordered :)
  20. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    im sorry for the lateness of the reply but you posted this at 8PM pst and I was not on the forums at the time... I was getting in some much needed gaming time :) (hey we gotta relax too a lil)

the Black Friday promotion caused an influx of orders which was unexpected and it did back us up a bit. we also saw some issues with slowing during the order process which should be corrected for the future (upgrades FTW)

all orders should be caught up as of today unless there is some sort of billing issue (address not matching so CC will not charge or etc)

if you see a HOLD under your order process please give our support a quick call and they can get it sorted so it can be setup to process and ship.
  21. Canzara

Thanks Received:
    Hi
    I first off wanted to say how pleased I am to see this. I appreciate the opportunity being provided here by TT.
    I have used several TT products over the years. One of the best PSU's I ever owned was TT, it went into at least 3 computers before I finally gave it to a friend and its still running in his machine today, its been probably 7 years now.
    I recently bought the Level 10 GT, which I am VERY pleased with. However if I hadn't gotten it on sale for nearly 100 off, I would NEVER have bought it as it was just way too highly priced. I think thats TT's biggest issue..Prices are a little out of this world in some cases.

My only real complaint about this case so far. Before I bought this I had a fan controller that also had temp sensors...With the built in fan controller, I really didn't have much use for the old controller so I got rid of it..However now I REALLY miss my temp sensors. I have been unable to find any standalone temp sensor. Everything is a fan controller/temp sensor in one...I would really like to be able to have an LCD display in a drive bay with thermal diodes without the fan controller.
    I don't know whether such a product would have demand or not, but I think with more and more cases having built in fan controllers, maybe its something that could also be added to future models? Or a seperate component that could be added to any case that just does temps, rather then both.
    AthlonX2 says thanks.
  22. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Thank you for the comments! I will definitely see if we can offer such a seperate device or even if integration is possible.... not sure if it as desired of a feature to be included but at least I could check it out :)

Thanks alot
  23. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    Wow doesnt look like my order shipped today either. Im sorry but taking 10 days to ship an order is not acceptable (considering if it actually ships out tomorrow). Hopefully the keyboard and mouse i get work but I highly doubt I will purchase thermtaltake products in the future. I havent even recieved an email apology or anything explaining what the hold up is. Very poor service on thermaltakes part in my opinion.
  24. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

I do apologize for the delay, and we are working to get every order shipped as quickly as possible.

if you would like to PM me your order number I can check into it.

Thank you
  25. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    whens that new FRIO coming out? kinda want to get my hands on one and compare its performance to my original FRIO.
    Aquinus says thanks.