1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What Can Thermaltake Do For You?

Discussion in 'Thermaltake' started by Tt Enthusiasts, Aug 2, 2011.

1. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    It's not all you have left,you said earlier in the thread you had a wife and children. That should be more important than anything material in life

2. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I have kids that I can not even give a Christmas card to . I have a wife that well we are on the rocks at best ! 4 years out of work and nothing to look forward to ! You tell me is that a way to live ? My son asked me if I could get him a laptop for school you know what I had to tell him ? Take a guess ? Use what you have son that is what I do ! I gave him one 4 years ago !

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  3. Tt Enthusiasts

Tt Enthusiasts Thermaltake Rep

Thanks Received:
    I do wish I had free product to send but thats not really something i have the ability to do. I work with the engineering teams to develop product to better suit the enthusiasts community.

4. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    i dont even have a pc on christmas. Mobo dead.

5. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    ouch thats no good.... overclocking related failure or just pure dumb luck and something gave out?

6. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    good thing you'll be spending time with your family:rockout:

7. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    meh dont want to hear the whining if your really persuasive you can get free parts and if your super poor and bust your ass you can afford a great PC

im $85,000 in debt from college i work manual labor on 3-4 different jobs that pay piecemeal aka get paid by how much you get done, theres work out there if you actually get up and look for it. I live in one of the poorest states in the USA, and i still have a bitching rig. and have yet to ever mis a payment on my bills, and make under 10k a year at the best of times,

you cant find work? do what is affectionately known as mexican labor, its not fun but its money,

now as far as dead mobo goes yea that does suck... any chance of an RMA?

INSTG8R says thanks.
  8. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    wait your 85K in debt from college and your working 4 shit jobs? my wife just is almost finished with her bachelors in business and its not costing me that much ,lol :)

9. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    hes out of his element donny :cool:

10. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    hey i emailed that guy twice and still no response about fixing my broken key.

11. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Let me get that corrected for you

BrooksyX says thanks.
  12. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    went out of state to college so far higher fees, I had no cosigner so far higher interest rates,

went to FullSail for a Bachelors in Computer Animation, total cost was $85,000 and I dropped out couldnt maintain at that insane a price as is yea working 4 shit jobs to make ends meet,

point is if you want something bad enough you can obtain it, i wanted a kick ass gaming rig so thats what i got, just like anything you gotta work for it. haha

that said i recommend no one go to Full Sail, my financial aide advisor was fired for extortion and they have a failure rate in the near 80% range, since back then it was straight shot 2 years for a Bachelors at around 100hours a week work load. most burn out,

eitherway point is im up to my eyes in debt work a bunch of shit jobs but i still have a 2500K 2x 6950s 120gb SSD etc got it from saving up and selling whatever i have laying around i dont need. That and dumb luck helps to :toast:

13. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    And getting a free mobo from the tpu reviewer helps as well.

crazyeyesreaper says thanks.
  14. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Stay on topic folks. The intent of this thread is in the original post:

cadaveca, Tt Enthusiasts and BrooksyX say thanks.
  15. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    crap asus servie in india. :(
    poor quality of a motherboard.

16. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Thank you for that :)

but I was a little ok if people sometimes drop in their own personal comment as long as it doesnt go nuts from there...

which I admittedly helped it do..

I have a bad habit of derailing threads ~.~

Sorry about that

17. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    thanks for looking into it. They guy responded and said the key replacement key should be on the way. I wont be home for probably another week or so but hopefully it will be waiting for there when I get home in my mail box! :p

18. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    How about expansion slot covers that have fan mounting options,just in case i dont fill my motherboard with video cards and want a fan to blow air out the back because my video card exhaust's inside the case?

19. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    those appear to hold fans in place to cool mobo or GPU etc

i think Athlons talking about actually mounting a fan like say 80mm or 120mm to the back like a rear mounted fan

now that i think about it the slots i have open from running just 1 gpu would allow 1x 80mm or 2x 60mm fans to fit side by side on the back and blow hot air straight out.

21. overclocking101

overclocking101

Thanks Received:
    I hate to be a negative nancy but heres what thermaltake can do for me. 1: either get out of the watercooling industry or get it right. most if not all the TT kits are trash in one way or another. 2: alot of the cases are still super heavy or super cheaply built and the level ten is just rediculously priced for what it is. and 3: better psu quality, the only TT psu I ever owned that was halfway decent was the toughpower 1000w which really was that great tbh and my corsair cheapy 950TX has been twice the psu since the day I got it.

Now again I dont mean to be negative but I'm a straight shooter always have been always will be. This is MY experiences with thermaltake not the worlds and I would also lioke to add that it is theese 3 things that have kept me away from TT the past couple years.

22. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    I agree with you .
    I have had Tt big water cooling setups in the past not one was worth a shit ! I have had there cases and some of there PSU's and Air coolers not one had any wow factor for me . There Power supply's I have found to be less than good in terms of quality one blew up and took out my entire computer ! There cases are far from nice in any respect I found them to be flimsy at best and some of the ones I once had were shipped to me with shape edges so Sharpe that I was cut and the price ! I found one case so far that has fit my needs for the last 8 years now !
    If Tt wanted to really wow me they would come out with a water cooler that can last as long as the one I have NOW ! 5 years so far and still going strong ! They would come out with a case that is better than the one I have now and price it so we would all want to get it !

23. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    quite likr the idea of that and would suggest multi mount options in the pack ie a DS sticky pad ,patch of velcro and also holes in it for bolt mounting m3 would do discrete

also im modding my kandalf at the min and have two suggestions for improvement

deburring tools , some very sharp edges on my case and more room between back panel and mobo tray -universally that one

24. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the feedback.

Thats why im here

25. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    3. Is already dealt with. Check this out http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Thermaltake/TPX-1275M/

2. Looking at their cases it does seem like they could use an overhaul of the line but the only suggestions I could offer would eliminate the brand identity, which could possibly end up a con. On the one hand there are buyers that want a trend, and then there are buyer that want a niche. Perhaps just introducing a line of cases with a different design aesthetic ranging a few price points would be the best way to try something new without messing with that they've got.