1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What Can Thermaltake Do For You?

Discussion in 'Thermaltake' started by Tt Enthusiasts, Aug 2, 2011.

1. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    Grr just got my 'replacement' key from thermaltake. Bought this keyboard like 6 weeks ago and still don't have a fully functional keyboard.

[​IMG]

edit: looks like they are going to send me another one. hopefully this one will be good in better shape.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  2. Tt Enthusiasts

Tt Enthusiasts Thermaltake Rep

Thanks Received:

Im sorry about the issues,

There should be a replacement key already shipping to you.
    BrooksyX says thanks.
  3. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    I've never found a PSU that can compare (in reliability) to the EVO_Blue series. The 750w EVO_Blue is the only high-end-ish PSU I've owned and used that hasn't died. I've been through Corsairs, TTs and Antecs.
    A mate of mine took my recommendation on the PSU and bought one and it's still going strong about 3 years later. In my experience, TT did something wonderful with that series and I regret selling my old one as I don't like this HX650.
    The only gripe I have with the EVO_Blue is this:
    It has a fan which has red blue and green LED's with a button to control the colour pattern. You have the option to turn off the LED's if none of the colours suit your colour scheme in your rig -> Very good option! But, if you turn the LED's off, you can still see some blue light shining through from the modular connection points. I really wanted to disable those blue LED's as my rig is black and red, but I couldn't without voiding warranty.
    Other than that, amazing PSU.
  4. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    I have an older 850w Toughpower unit, all their PSU's are built like tanks!
    my only gripe in the CPU modular cable is WAYYYY too short for a bottom mounted ATX case (NZXT M59) Is there a longer replacement cable i can buy?
  5. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    IIRC the CPU cable is hardwired(?) but you could just buy an extension. NZXT do nice pre-sleeved ones for about £10.

EDIT: lol obviously not hardwired since you said modular :laugh: Let me check in my bits box. Nope nothing there :(
    Bo$$ says thanks.
  6. ProPlayer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, first post but long time reader :)
    Anyway, I've never owned a thermaltake product. I didn't because your products feel a bit too much "plasticky" to me. The trend is favouring "minimalistic" designs (corsair obsidian, lian li, silverstone), I'd say to just get rid of all that plastic. The company is already quite well renowned in the sector, you don't need fancy looking cases to impress the buyers, but functionality (I'm not saying that your cases are not functional, actually I've never tried one :eek: ).
    Forgive me for my abysmal english, I'm a good reader but a baaad writer lol
  7. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Plastic has its place in some computer cases. I think the high-end stuff like Lian Li and Silverstone are great for their full-metal structure, but that also makes them more expensive. Thermaltake does try to appeal to many markets, including the low and middle-priced markets. IIRC, even Lian Li's Lancool series uses plastic case fronts.

Perhaps some high-end cases with all-metal designs and classic stylings?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    From a guy who sees a few more cases than the average Joe, I have to say Thermaltake cases aren't all that bad. The manufacturers mentioned are really the exception to the rule and is why they are so sought after in my humble opinion.
  9. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Agreed. My comments were mostly in response to pro Player's remarks, as I too have seen more cases that the average Joe, just like yourself :toast:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Thank you guys and yes we do appreciate and look at all of your feedback, and thank you for welcoming me here in this last half year.... I really hope we can get soem really nice stuff going for you guys in 2012 :)
    Bo$$ and cadaveca say thanks.
  11. dartuil

Thanks Received:
    hello i just ordered a smart m650
    i'll post feedback when its home :)
    I heard it is CWT like corsair TX
    The only thing is it has one 8 pin and one 6+2 I need two 6 pins, can i ask a modular two 6pins or two 6+2 attached from thermaltake?
  12. drade

drade

Thanks Received:
    Hello. I bought the thermaltake 775 toughpower PSU over 8 months ago. It is a great PSU, looks great, preforms great, and was very affordable. It is quiet, and would definitely buy another PSU from your company again. I have a concern:

If I had to RMA this psu (5 year warranty thru thermaltake) what PSU would replace it. This is a deactivated product, therefore, I would assume I would get the current model that is closest to mine. Thank you
  13. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

yes we normally keep stock on hand for RMA use but if we did indeed run out of that model it would be substituted for a similar product... your full warranty is always good through us :)
    drade says thanks.
  14. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Nothing says a bigger thank you then doing more giveaways :p
    Just thought Id let you know....

Not only is it good for the members of the community, but its also gets TPU more traffic which is good in W1zzards books...

My only suggestion with that is make A LOT MORE of the contests/giveaways only available to long term members or members that have above 'X' postcount.

Im sick and tired of prizes going to people who just registered to enter the giveaway and have no intention of staying or contributing to the community here. - Not trying to critasize some of the past contests but there are many dedicated members here that deserve to win something then some random outsider that registered in the last 5-20mins trying to get something for free.

- Prime example of something similar is the 'Pay Forward It TPU' thread... I hear we get mods/admins from OTHER tech sites registering just to beg for free hardware :shadedshu:shadedshu

where as my post seems like im discriminating against new members - Im really just trying to make things a bit more fair.

Anyway 大哥 - thanks for listening.
  15. Arctucas

Arctucas

Thanks Received:
    While I agree that it seems unfair to long-time members that people who sign up merely for a contest to win, at least TPU is not like some other forums/websites where you need to 'Like' them on Facebook as a condition of entering the contest.

I am a registered member on several of 'that kind' of forum, and was years before Facebook, but I do not even bother to visit them anymore, because of their incessant need to be 'Liked'.
  16. dartuil

Thanks Received:
    up
  17. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

Im sorry I do not understand the question...

are you asking what kind of connector it has?

That unit should have 2x 8 pin and 2x 6 pin PCI-e connections.

I apologize if that is not what you are asking, and if you let me know what you are inquiring I can try and help.
  18. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    My trusty Logitech illuminated Keyboard is on its way out, Ive been looking at the TT Challenger Ultimate as a possible replacement, can you tell me what sort of switches you use for the keys and if its possible to get it for under £50 for a long time forum member and someone who still has a TT shark case as part of his backup rig?? :D:D:D
  19. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    The challenger ultimate is a rubber dome keyboard. (not mechanical)
  20. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I really dont know then, Im kind of spoilt for choice as it is. Ive also been taking a look at some of the Razer Blackwidow mechanical keyboards but obviously they are a little more expensive.
  21. oile New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

I'm interested in the very new SMART SP-750M PSU, but I couldn't find any useful review on internet.

Have you sended the unit for testing anywhere worldwide?
    Or are you aware of any review?
    I would like to know how it performs in real life tests the 750W unit !

Thanks
  22. syeef

Thanks Received:
    Using a Thermaltake TR2 500W PSU for the last 4 year (bought April 2008)... Great Stuff! Still Running!

Now I want to upgrade to a Thermaltake Modular 750W+ PSU, but where I live (Bangladesh), Thermaltake isn't readily available... I have been told by my local store that I have to wait for 1.5 months for a Thermaltake PSU, so I am waiting... for the last 20 days. Hope to get one soon!
  23. angelhunter

angelhunter New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have a Thermaltake Armor full sized case and wondering about a couple of things

1 can the oval shaped top cover ( fan vent and audio jack) be ordered to replace a broken one

2 what are the exact measurements of the mesh drive covers.. hole size, holes per square inch
    would like to get a matching mesh panel to cover the drive bays that show thru the window

my case mod is in the project logs forum under Angel's blue glow
  24. syeef

Thanks Received:
    So after waiting for 1.5 months, my local store says this:

"I'm sorry our shipment has got delayed by TT and this will arrive around mid May"
  25. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    well. TT aint the only manufacturer that makes psu's. Id say just go with the next best thing thats available, so maybe a corsair, Enermax or Zalman unit.