1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What Can Thermaltake Do For You?

Discussion in 'Thermaltake' started by Tt Enthusiasts, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Krazy Owl

Krazy Owl New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thermaltake could start a project to give computer parts to people who would like to start a business and that need a reliable computer. Not for everyone but people could be selected based on the business projects after your review. Just an idea I throw like that but in this struggling economy in USA and here in Canada, having this kind of help could really give a good kick for a new entrepreneurship start.

2. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    good idea but i dont think Thermaltake are in the business of philanthropy, they arent that kind of company.

Computer OEMs like Dell, CompaQ, and even Microsoft would be in a better position to supply people with what they need.

There are a lot of schemes here in the UK where computers are given to schools or Dell gives computers to a small growing business etc etc. but above all we have an organisation called the 'Prince's Trust' which can help with funding small start up businesses if they have approved.

I myself have donated quite a few old machines or parts towards system builds that went towards people or businesses that needed them.

Speak to an OEM builder

3. Krazy Owl

Krazy Owl New Member

Thanks Received:
    I will speak to Compaq I think. What I've got is a Compaq D51s sff and a laptop Compaq Evo n610c. Old but working slow mostly on internet with all these flash stuff.

4. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    I just wish thermaltake would update me on my RMA status. Signed up for advance RMA so they would send me a new mouse while my old one was in transit and even gave them my billing info. Havent heard a peep from them since.
    Very very sad I ever purchased this junk in the first place has been nothing but hardware issues and poor customer service.

lol looks like someone is trying to get some free computer stuff... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  5. N.M.S.B New Member

Thanks Received:
    For your own success ThermalTake you must
    and should release Dokker 2 with -Dual USB 3.0
    Support
    Enlarged front and top mesh design for
    superb ventilation
    Can accommodate an internal 120 x 240 mm
    radiator at the top and bottom
    Dust-control filters for all meshed areas
    Supports up to 10 fans (up to 5x140mm
    fans)
    External SATA docking station (X-dock)
    Rear tubing holes for water cooling
    Includes 1.8" & 2.5" HDD and SSD adapters
    More and redesigned rubber grommets for
    improved cable management
    Larger CPU heatsink cut-out on the
    mainboard tray

6. Krazy Owl

Krazy Owl New Member

Thanks Received:
    . You seem to be the only one who think that I was trying to hide it. It's the main point of my suggestion.

7. Tt Enthusiasts

Tt Enthusiasts Thermaltake Rep

Thanks Received:
    BrooksyX

I will keep an eye out for your mouse as I said so I can try and reproduce the issue you are seeing.

Thank you for your time and I apologize for the issues.

8. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    Is the RMA department going to send me a replacement mouse? I signed up for advanced RMA and sent over a copy of my receipt last week. I have not heard anything back and this is the second time the laser failed on this mouse and the second time I paid out of my own pocket to ship back a faulty product.

The mouse arrived yesterday:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=03123190000094595661

Also, would it be possible to get a mouse that says 'Tt' on the palm and not some weird dragon thing. The picture for the mouse I purchased had a 'Tt' and that's what I assumed I would be getting..

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  9. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Hello BrooksyX

The original Tt design was initially the original offering but as the Dragon logo for Tt eSPORTS was introduced and therefore all of the new stock we have is using a Dragon logo.

I will have my RMA team check if there is any of the older Tt logo mice still available but it may not be. If not then it will be a dragon logo unit but I want to make sure I have hands on with it first before it ships to you so I can confirm no issues like you describe.

BrooksyX says thanks.
  10. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    I got a call from the RMA department yesterday. Looks like they were out of my mouse and are sending me a Theran (I think thats what it is called). The guy said it would be considered an upgrade so that's cool I guess but I just hope this one works and lasts a little longer. I know its not going to last forever but the mouse I had before this lasted like 10 years so would be nice to at least get a few years out of it.

11. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Yea I hear ya, Mouse take quite a beating. I have a MX518 that's around 5 years old and it can still tear up some counter strike if needed!

BrooksyX says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  12. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    I personally use Theron as one of my many mice, so I can tell you the fit is like a glove.... and has a very good feel...

I really hope you enjoy it!

BrooksyX says thanks.
  13. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, I am sure I will. Just looking forward to getting it back for starcraft ii. I have been struggling with my sluggish laptop optical mouse.

14. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    eek I could imagine....

Im no good at SCII but I try :-/

and now i feel like im restarting as I play the HoTS beta... :twitch:

15. orangec New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, when the new urban series casings and NiC cpu coolers, will be worldwide available, or at least presented in the website ?

16. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Hi There,

Target date would be beginning of Q2.... (around end of march, or beginning of April)

17. orangec New Member

Thanks Received:
    I see, tnx. Can you reveal , what is the weight of C4 and C5 NiC cpu coolers, I mean the unit, mounted on the motherboard, itself ?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  18. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    At this time I do not have a complete unit in front of me. most have been torn apart for testing and other diagnosis :cool:

19. SaiZo

SaiZo

Thanks Received:
    Hi!
    I was thinking of getting a new PSU (so system is prepared for future upgrades), I got a good deal on the Toughpower Grand 750W for half the price (in euro's it's about 90€).

Is the price good for the device? I once had a Thermaltake psu once, and never had a problem with it. It came with a strange looking extra fan (looked like a turbine for an aeroplane).

20. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    That is a interesting question, as comparing prices from region to region can be tricky due to different tariffs and other aspects that may affect the pricing.

but knowing you got a toughpower means you got the series built to be strong and powerful for enthusiasts use... so im betting you will be plenty happy with it.

as for the fan im not really sure. Post a pic so I can see what you got :cool:

21. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    大哥 - does Thermaltake have any intention in making Aluminium mouse pads?

Looking at getting rid of this old Razer Destructor that ive had for longer then 4years, definitely want a slab of aluminium this time

22. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Thats not a bad idea.... I cann check with our eSPORTS team but im not sure how feesible it is.... as built thin to be light and not super expensive will dent or damage easily...

a huge chunk will be much more expensive while still being a soft metal which can easily be gouged and look ugly rather quickly.... or even worse can get damage to teh surface which in turn can damage mouse feet if use is continued.

23. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    brushed aluminium or steel looks classy though. the metal/alloy doesnt need to be too thick. maybe 1-2mm thickness then make sure theres anti-slip foam or rubber at the bottom to keep it in place on the desk and its a great product.

24. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Stainless would be a possible option, but the softness of ALU could still be an issue.

I will check and see if its something we can consider. :cool:

25. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Dont make it look too OTT though, as much as you need to slap your logo on the stuff you sell, dont go overboard with it because I like clean understated looks when it comes to stuff like mouse pads.