1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What Can Thermaltake Do For You?

Discussion in 'Thermaltake' started by Tt Enthusiasts, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Tt Enthusiasts

Tt Enthusiasts Thermaltake Rep

Thanks Received:
    Depending on the load that can likely be done but with reducing height you have to sacrifice load capacity and ability to evacuate hot exhaust air...

I will check this out and see what we can do :)

Thank you

2. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    This is a little tougher to be honest. We are always working to get markets in every are to carry our product. But I will definitely check with Canada area to see which brick and mortar stores may carry what your looking for.

Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.
  3. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    What about sponsoring give aways?

I'd love to see a Tt sponsor a TechPowerUp give away :D

Edit, the Frio OC is one hell of a cooler. I think it's amazing! Keep this alive and keep building on it.

grunt_408 and Sir B. Fannybottom say thanks.
  4. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    Nice to have you here. I've used TT psus, but that's it. I have a general thought. With my Antec 300, I dumbly accidentally put holes in the dust filter and couldn't find a replacement. Making parts of all sorts easy to get without having to by a new complete unit would put you above the rest.

5. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    I would love to do some sort of event here. stay tuned for this as it seems Tt and Techpowerup are going to be a good fit.. Maybe some sort of wallpaper design contest? or a modding contest, or even an overclocking contest.... you guys tell me what do you wanna see?

we already offer many pieces seperate for all of our products such as individual front panel connections (usb, etc.) so that if you break one your not just out of luck.

and if something really odd happens just contact us were really flexible when it comes to taking care of our customers :rockout:

blkhogan, Cold Storm, cadaveca and 2 others say thanks.
  6. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    TT could tell me why my mobo tray ( Armor ) as never lined correctly with the screws were the PCI cards screw in lol..

After countless emails some years ago never to get a response and as seen as were i got it from wanted $20+ shipping it never got sent back.

7. streetfighter 2

streetfighter 2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I stopped buying Tt products some years ago although I made an effort recently by buying a TR2 RX 750W which I promptly returned when I realized it was a particularly poor HEC part. If you relabeled the aforementioned as a 650W it would be far more accurate.

If you'd like my business back, you need only produce quality parts and I'll buy them. I buy a lot of components and currently Tt is not on my "reputable" list. (I know that some of my peers disagree, but I've never been particularly enthralled by flashy Xaser type products.)

Sorry for being blunt.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  8. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    If you would like please send me some detailed pictures as to the issue you are referring and I would look into why you are having the fitment issues.

I understand and appreciate your honesty. Some units depending on series are more made for the mainstream market, and we also offer the touughpower units which are the top model which are aligned for the Enthusiasts community. were there any problems with the unit you purchased or was it just opinion that led you to return it? I am an enthusiasts as well and I can understand wanting only the best but some lines of power supplies are made for a specific use like a daily driver or light gaming rig.

Not necessarily designed to be targeted at enthusiasts and their needs for the much tighter voltage regulation or other requirements you may desire.

9. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    Tt Enthusiasts,
    I think It would be absolutely marvelous if you offered a version of the TTTP PSU that actually had a wattage meter on them that could be seen from the back and switched off so that it was not always on....Oh yeah that would be pretty sweet!

10. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:

Thats not a bad idea and something we could definitely look into. :)

11. streetfighter 2

streetfighter 2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I suppose you could use the term "opinion", but it is a very informed opinion as I do not have a surplus of time to spend troubleshooting mislabeled hardware. I would expect the part in question to perform similarly to the Cougar S700 (according to the UL label and sharing the same reference design) but when I looked at the interior views it was clear that the difference was more than skin deep. Furthermore the review provided by hardware secrets showed that the part did not even perform within ATX spec at around 80% of its listed power.

Seeing as how the reference design is pretty decent it's disappointing that poor component selection would gimp an otherwise acceptable product. If the effort to drive costs down compromises the safety of the unit then it is not acceptable.

(For the record none of the reviews supplied on your page for the TR2 RX 750W are anywhere near professional, but bcchardware.com was the closest ;).)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  12. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:

i will definitely look into this, and thank you for bringing it to our attention. :)

streetfighter 2 says thanks.
  13. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Here you go. I don't know how i not fried a card by now but to get a a card fit the card has to be un seated in the PCI slot meaning the card is not fully fitted. The picture shows how far it's actually off.

[​IMG]

14. twilyth Guest

Especially booth babe giveaways.

15. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    I know something that would boost my opinion of Thermaltake, Give me free stuff :D

16. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Im sure that would boost everyones opinion of any company. ;)

17. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Yeah that definitely looks like an alignment problem. Have you checked the DVI bracket on your card? The only time I have ever seen that personally was when there was a bowing of the DVI bracket.

18. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    It's not the bracket. Was the same deal with 2900XT,4870,4890 and my current 6970. And in the picture that bracket i\don't look bent the slightest.

My sound card is the same too by screwing it in pulls the card out a little bit.

19. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    :D

undortunately not, but you never know if we runa competition or contest you will have your chance ;)

Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.
  20. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    That is definitely odd,

Best I would say would be to have the case RMa'd if it is not installing properly.

did you ever call in to our support to get it replaced?

21. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    I tried in the 1st few months by email which ended up in no responses . So i took it as lesson learned.

I was going to try a BTX part for but by time i got the money TT stopped selling them and all so thought it might not be compatible with my current mobo.

This is the case in question
    http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?S=1122&ID=1404#Tab0

22. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
  23. Arctucas

Arctucas

Thanks Received:
    I would like to see Tt offer gaskets for cable routing holes in their chassis, even as an accessory.

I see most of the higher end chassis these days with gaskets, and they do make for a cleaner look.

I suppose that this is out of the question for an older chassis such as my VG4000SNA?

24. Arctucas

Arctucas

Thanks Received:
    I have a similar problem (although, thankfully not as severe) with both my VG4000SNA and my VA8003SWA. I takes a bit of effort to get the screw to line up properly, but it is not impossible.

I have a couple old no-name "beige box" steel chassis that eveything lines up in perfectly, so I am somewhat disappointed with the Tt chassis, but I can live with it.

25. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    I've had that problem with the chassis before. Turned out I used the wrong size standoffs for the mobo. Not saying you guys have done that but just something else to check.:)

AsRock says thanks.