1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What Can Thermaltake Do For You?

Discussion in 'Thermaltake' started by Tt Enthusiasts, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Red_Machine

Red_Machine

Thanks Received:
    I'm using a Tt Frio on my Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition. It keeps the CPU nice and cool, but it is a bit too loud for my tastes, even when the fans are turned down to their slowest. I would go as far as to say that it's as loud as the desk fan I use during the summer.
  2. craigo

craigo

Thanks Received:
    Dear Thermaltake,

Please send me a shiny Level 10 Case.

I have been a good boy this year and would really appreciate the new case.

Thanks in advance,

Craigo.
  3. Tt Enthusiasts

Tt Enthusiasts Thermaltake Rep

Thanks Received:
    Upon testing with the armor series chassis with a Gigabyte X58A-OC board the chassis would line up fine with the IO panel holes but however if I loosened the screws retaining the motherboard and allowed the motherboard to shift to the rightmost corner of the standoffs then re-tightened it I could see the same issue.

Can you try adjusting your motherboard slightly to see if that helps correct the fitment issue.
    AsRock says thanks.
  4. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    I can check this but not sure it would be possible to offer this for the older chassis models. but on future models I can definitely work on implementing it.
  5. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:

Im sorry you were disappointed with the chassis and seeing that issue. I attached a quote above can you please try that to see if it helps?
  6. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Thats odd. are you using both fans installed? Both the Frio and the Frio OCK when turned completely down are not audible above any other case fan unless possibly the airflow coming from the cooler is causing a disturbance with the rear case fan which may be creating the air noise you are hearing.
  7. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    I will be sure to add you to the good list when we send that off to Santa this year. :D
  8. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    One of the 1st things i tried you just end up with the motherboard to high up and no chance at all being able to screw it back in.

Tried that and that's how it is when that is done.
  9. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:

that would be the only way to adjust this sort of thing unless something maybe got bent during shipping.

Please email our support line and they should be back to you promptly.

If they are not please pm me the details of the email correspondence and I will be happy to assist with getting it resolved.

Thank you
  10. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    TT, can you by any chance tell me why this has such a bad review?

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Thermaltake/TPG-1200M/8.html

What can thermaltake do?

what the conclusion tells you to do would be a good start

No longer sure about buying a lower end thermaltake either if that's what your high end's are like...:mad:
  11. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Remake the Kandalf with black interior, cable management holes and room for larger diameter piping.

Case is epic.
  12. Yukikaze

Yukikaze

Thanks Received:
    What can you do ? Less plastic, more metal and less "shiney" on your cases. Sure, I own a V3 Black and a pair of Xaser VIs, but the only reason I got the Xasers was because they were dirt cheap on sale and I needed large cases, while the V3 is a cheap case and I needed a cheap case. Internally the Xaser VI is still an amazing case, even so many years after it was launched, but externally? Lets just say mine are getting modded the second I get the free time to do it. The newer cases aren't much better, and the CPU coolers with all those plastic shrouds are just ugly.

What happened to simplicity being beautiful, anyway?
  13. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:

+ 1 to this, all the products have TT been releasing been since I've been part of TPU have been horrible and plastic, it makes them look cheap and like toys.

I think companies are forgetting that most of the PC enthusiast crowd are actually adults.

You see the rubbish g1 sniper that some motherboard company has made?

This is the kind of stuff people don't want :laugh:

Tacky = unfavorable.

Simple/elegant/durable is what you should go for.
  14. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    We are working on making products more like what you are asking for. That is why we are asking for this feedback. It helps us better meet your needs if we know what your needs are we can better understand the direction we need to go.
    pantherx12 says thanks.
  15. Sinzia

Thanks Received:
    I would love a case that can hold dual 360 water cooling radiators...
    Think Xigamatek's Elysium, but with a different design cue for the front/top and a little longer so you can fit a 240 in the bottom with longer PSU's like the AX1200.

I have fond memories of the first bigwater SE... that got me all into water cooling everything!
  16. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    We are looking into watercooling fitment options in future case designs, but remember that fitment of dual 360 rads is not easy without the case growing substantially in size. :)
  17. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    any chance Thermaltake will add a game controller to their eSports lineup? a lot of console ports these days...
  18. regg187 New Member

Thanks Received:
    TT's been great to me

Hey TT,
    just wanted to put my 2 cents in. I have had lots of TT products, but my Xaser V Damier case is still my #1. I changed out all the orange fans for your blue ones, and always wondered why this wasn't done at the factory, how much could it cost ya? I accidently broke one of the big knob fan controllers on the front of the case( but totally my fault) E mailed TT about where I could get a replacement, lo and behold a new one was shipped to me from TT @ no charge... pronto even though it was my fauilt and not a faulty item.

I've pretty much had good luck with all your stuff, but wish you guys would make a newer version of your old X view, it had a lot of potential then and a new cooler version could be great!
  19. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Its not outside the realm of possibility. If theres enough demand anything is possible.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  20. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    Ramsom?
  21. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:

New cooler we are always trying to introduce as we come up with new designs or more efficient designs. have you looked at the frio line? it performs very well.

as for the X line of cases I know as of now there are no plans for a return but there are always new designs on the horizon were just looking to find what you guys want from them.
  22. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ransom, and I already asked him, he says it isn't. This rep is female in nature;)
  23. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    not Ramsom, and definitely not female :D

im gonna have to talk to him about saying that :slap:

:eek:
  24. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Not sure about the ones you got but found the issue ( read below )

Just thought i would update you.

Well TT did get back in touch with me about the issue and it's the actual back plate that is interchangeable to make it a BTX case.

They asked me to take the plate of ( WOW that was fun to do ) and bent it back in place. I had a closer look what they were on about and noticed a gap in the spray painting of the case were the back panel used to be and clearly showed that it's bent more over time.

However after taking it off and bending it back it still was some what off and screwing the stuff back in the case is re bending it again so only a temp fix as it's just going back out of line again.
  25. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry about that, but plus 1 goes to Ransom for the troll;)