1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What Can Thermaltake Do For You?

Discussion in 'Thermaltake' started by Tt Enthusiasts, Aug 2, 2011.

1. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    I know exactly what thermaltake can do for me. Be the first to actually have orange LED case fans of various sizes (ranging from 80mm to 250mm). And im not talking that yellow orange look. I mean orange orange. You really cant find fans like this without the blades themselves being orange with white LEDs or modding a fan yourself. Ive been on the hunt for a LONG time to find perfect looking orange LED case fans.

This is the type of orange im looking for but without the UV:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/images/large/products/ACR_UVORANGELED_1_t_LRG.jpg

I just want the fan casing to be either clear or black with orange LED's that look like the pic above if possible. Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  2. grunt_408

grunt_408

Thanks Received:
    I have used TT for cases and PSU on my last 3 builds. Very happy with the product's. My 750W toughpower is getting old and underpowered for todays standards but still going strong after many years service. I would not hesitate to use TT for my next PSU upgrade.

What could Thermaltake do for me? Well I would not say no to a free PSU :p

3. Tt Enthusiasts

Tt Enthusiasts Thermaltake Rep

Thanks Received:
    I dont think anyone would :D

grunt_408 says thanks.
  4. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Thats awesome to hear and thank you!!

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  5. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    What part of the pump is under performing for you? If you dont mind how did you verify the pump was the cause for concern and I will check it out for you. Is it not moving water? or do you feel it is just not moving water fast enough?

Also what all is in your loop component wise? and what kind of temps are you seeing both pre and post block change?

6. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    This is not out of the realm of possibility as we are working on strengthening our fan lineup.

7. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    could we get more special editions of stuff? like an AMD themed lineup with a red case with AMD etched in the sidepanel, maybe some red LED fans, and a red PSU with red/black sleeving on it. same thing on the intel side of the house?

8. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    You gave me an idea! :)
    Have W1zzard pick a Tt chassis to be turned to a TPU themed limited edition model. Us, common members, could win one of those exemplars in a contest.
    But I also like the brand themed versions. AMD, Intel, nVidia...S3, lol. :laugh:

9. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    we should have a competition where we could design own case and have it made.

I would love to have my own customised case made for me.

CrAsHnBuRnXp and grunt_408 say thanks.
  10. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Well it my assumption that the P500 is still the only pump available. I do use the monitoring header and it runs at 2500rpm(That has never really fluctuated as I have always monitored it)
    I only run the CPU in the loop but from switching from the "stock" block to a more "high performance block" I really saw no real significant gains at all. So in TT's defence the very old block intended for 775 etc. performs just as well as my aftermarket AC Kryos.

I did include a pic in my previous post so you can see I am pretty much running as per it's installation instructions.

My personal feeling is, is that the pump could use a little boost to keep the water flowing better thru such a large Rad.

Perhaps a "High Performance" model Pump would be a sound investment on TT's part. I notice you have a new Pump/Reservoir combo out but again it is using the same P500 pump.

11. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    watch for sharp edges on your cases dudes i sliced the bejesus outa me thumb, pulling a fan controller out of my kandalf case.

not a bad case all in i also managed to get the 240 rad out of an armour lcs for it too and with the two rads cpu block and ocz wc mem+ 5870 block 1 pump wasnt enough, so i agree that a better pump would be nice, blocks though basic looking work well and in gen the case is nice.

except for the stupid grill at the top which you didnt fit a filter to and due to the hd cady it was an absolute ache of metal bending to get one in their,
    it was needed though as the inside was getting choked with dust falling in, ive put a filter their and no probs anymore with dust as every inlet has a filter

filters on every inlet on a 100+ case then
    less sharp edges
    better pump

but do love the case especially the crazy ally moulding door fan thing gr8, mental

also nice to see your firm having a presence in the comunity shame more dont

12. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    I was more wondering how the conclusion was made that the pump was the issue with cooling? and also what were temps for the solution to get an idea of how it is functioning.

13. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    i can point out some issues with the P500 vs other brand pumps. it has a very low head pressure in comparison to even the old laing D4. overall the pump is weak and i would love to see it replaced with a better pump.

INSTG8R says thanks.
  14. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    We are looking into how we can improve this.

I was interested in seeing what the basis for the pump being an issue was coming from.

15. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Since youre already here with this thread and a rep to boot maybe youll know this without me creating a new thread.

I have the Thermaltake V1 from a few years back when it was first released. With that being said, will it support the i5/i7 series processors from Intel? I know if I went to Newegg and looked (which i have) it says that it now supports the i7 Extreme and what not but i didnt know if that had any modifications over the original.

Thanks!

16. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    with a little googling, I dont think it supports LGA 1156/1155 i5 & i7's but more the LGA1366 i7's.

though it would be interesting to see what kind of temps the cooler gets. I dont think it could handle a very big OC

17. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    I havent used it since the Q6600 was the best thing to have. (and I had the B3 revision)

18. rick22

rick22 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nothing at all i think they suck.......troll that

19. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Why do people like you bother to post with nothing constructive to say at all? Didnt your mother ever teach you "if you dont have anything nice to say, then dont say anything at all"? Whether you find they suck or not, they came to this forum asking for our feedback to make their products better. If only more companies did what this Tt rep is trying to do.

So in the end, people like you suck and suck hard. Now "troll that."

20. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    The V1 cooler you will be surprised what it can do, obviously it is not a Frio or Frio OCK by any means but it holds any 1366 i7 I have put under it without issue and even 4GHz was rather easy without insane temps.

now that being said if your looking for a nice chilly overclock for long term I would definitely invest in one of the Frio line of tower coolers as they can hold a much higher load and should keep it quite a bit cooler which as we know in the end means longer life. :)

P.S. please dont feed the trolls :D it just makes them gather :p

21. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Im sorry i should have been more specific. I was referring to 1155.

If anything, I killed the troll. :p

22. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    it should do fine on 1155 but even then I have had a 2600K to 5GHz + on the Frio, but I havent tested it too extensively on the V1 but im betting 4.5 or so would not be much sweat for it.... however that does vary greatly because some chips just love voltage and taht could be no good to begin with. :D

CrAsHnBuRnXp says thanks.
  23. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    grow up.

damn alot more than i was expecting out of Tt rep in that post :toast: guess y'all really are turning over a new leaf.

is there any chance of seeing something similar to an asetek designed all in one water cooling or even some new waterblocks i got a set of those old copper/acetal GPU blocks and reviews of them cracking is making me a little nervous...

24. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    Make better Fans? that comes with cases.

Both my m8s cases that came with Fans all died within 6months to a yr.

25. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    if your referring to our older model copper/Acrylic models then yeah I know what your talking about thats why you really wont find many acrylic waterblocks out there anymore because the stresses along with thermals pretty much can cause all kinds of fun stuff to happen to copper/clear acrylic.

acetal blocks are less likely to ever have this issue. only failures I have seen on acetal blocks is when they are machined improperly and you can get a bowing or uneven surface ion the composite material itself... Acetal is the black composite top you can see on many blocks out there.