1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What Can Thermaltake Do For You?

Discussion in 'Thermaltake' started by Tt Enthusiasts, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Tt Enthusiasts

Tt Enthusiasts Thermaltake Rep

Thanks Received:
    on the xaser? im guessing here as I have no idea which case your referring to but Xaser sticks out due to the "V" reference.

2. Arctucas

Arctucas

Thanks Received:
    My apologies. I was trying to do two things at once when I made the post.

Yes, the VG4000SNA.

I will say it does not rattle all the time, but when it does, it is quite annoying. The appliques are a bit loose, and I am wondering how to remedy that.

The side panel grilles do not appear to be loose, and I cannot figure out why they occasionally rattle also.

3. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    I got a brilliant idea, make a headset that dosent suck

ive owned alot of cheap chessy headsets and i can say one thing not a single one of them has the issue where the cord gets tangled up on itself and twists around itself and cant be undone, you can straighten it out for awhile but it always gets tangled again,

so how about a good STEREO headset with decent microphone and a sturdy cable that isnt going to twist up upon itself constantly like my $90 creative headset does or my buddies razor headset does etc, at $90 *granted it was a deal on newegg for $40 but thats besides the point* the point is make a good stereo headset with a nice sturdy cable for $40-45 and Ill buy that. Thats what Thermaltake can do for me,

maybe offer some color choices as well red/ black, blue/black etc etc give people some selections

4. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

When i have seen this issue as im sure your aware it is from repeated removals where the headset gets twisted around and around. unplugging the headset and simply grabbing the cable between 2 fingers and sliding your fingers down the cable will straighten it right out.

this is normal with any cable not just headsets. (phones, etc) I have also seen it on pretty much any headset I have used for gaming.

however if you let the tangle stay for too long or even kink and then just try tugging on the cable instead of correcting the twist that has produced over the many times the headset was rotated it can cause the cable to have a permanent kink but our cable is designed in such a way that it should not become kinked unless in the most extreme cases or like explained before just pulling on the cable while it is twisted.

5. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    yea that dosent happen on any of mine the main problem is the controls halfway down the cable keep it from fully unwinding example my cable is pre twisted to an extent when it was bought between the headset and the controls and indeed it does twist around but heres my main point

cable size from the headset to the cable size on a mouse is 50-60% size increase of the cable but low and behold the cable never twists or gets tangled up and it gets grabbed and tossed into bags on a regular basis, same goes for speaker wires my game controller wires just about anything wired i own dosent have the problem only seen it on headsets,

and my headset has been plugged in and not removed for the last month gets set on my desk it still twists and curls up all of them do eventually, its an annoyance that an extra $1-2 during production would fix with a bit of a beefier cable or cable sleeving.

what really aggrevates me is a $9 headset thats a piece of shit and breaks after 3-4 months of usage, the cables wont have that problem but again its an issue i see common on mid range to high end headsets.

i can consistantly abuse cheap headset and never have the cable twisting and problems but expensive products do? yea give me stereo + decent mic and beefier cable no need for fancy extras, just solid stereo sound good microphone and nice cabling.

6. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:

which headset are you referring to exactly?

You have not told me which model you have.

7. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    its not a thermaltake but

Creative Fatal1ty MK II

also have a few logitechs at the $20 range

and 2x Teknomotion cheap pos $10

the the 1st teknomotion lasted 2 years and never had any twisting or knotting but the cables were a bit thicker the 2nd teknomotion unit had thinner cabling and withing a week was knotting and twisting up

the logitech units both suffered from it

so does my Creative MK II and a buddies Razor as well

its a problem can be easily solved by a thicker cable covering, but no one does that lol except that cheapo unit which was eventually replaced with thinner cabling on the 2nd unit so it became a moot point.

all units so far ive ever used have the problem and the way to fix it you mentioned above is never permanent.

Im looking for a headset that offers good mid range pricing with good stereo sound with good wiring thats sturdy help me out here.

what im using right now: Creative Fatal1ty Professional Series Gaming Heads... its only a few months old cables are twisting i use your method mentioned above on a daily basis problem continues to persist. Its not product breaking but it is an aggravation that i dont feel is necessary

8. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    I suggest you try our headset, as ours are sleeved...

i was under the impression that the headset you were complaining about was ours....

9. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    no ive seen thermaltake units current they tend to have the same issue over time.

as most analog cabling is the same size across all headsets for the most part. theres some variance but most dont quiet get that thickness right for what im looking for

10. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Please let me know where you have seen reports of this and I will be happy to look into it. :D

11. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    mostly end users like me never seen issues on professional reviews but then they use a product for a week, I use mine daily for minimum 3hrs up to 12hrs a day, 365 lol it makes a difference

that said you can take the criticism of other brands and what ive read and use it to improve products or not ;)

as a consumer i know what i want and sadly no one offers it.

its a small nitpick but then again its the small things that differentiate products in this segment,

12. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:

Thank you for the feedback. I will continue to test our headsets to see if we can reproduce this kind of issue but as I explained previously our cable if it ever becomes curled up at all simply unplugging the headset and straightening the cable will fix it.

Thank you again for the feedback :)

13. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    I have always liked thermaltake's air cooling solutions . I once picked up one of your water cooling setups Tt Big water, but had to take it back 2 days later . It was a very bad setup poor quality and disappointed me . I also have used your PSU units NOT good , had it for 3 months it went bad and took out my MB and CD/Roms . Again your air cooling solutions are fantastic , But I think you missed the mark on every thing else ( For me any way ) . :ohwell:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  14. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Thank you for the feedback, im not sure which model exactly we are speaking of but for the Bigwater units they are not really intended to be a overclocking record smashing cooler. its more of a replacement for your stock cooler and a introduction to water cooling in general.

There are many great solutions for custom loops available for those who need it but the Bigwater solutions are more for those who have never used watercooling and are looking to get their feet wet :)

as for the PSU which model did you use or do you remember? We have an excellent warranty to assist you if anything ever does go wrong and our power supplies have many protections built into the units themselves to help avoid the type of damage you are implying.

15. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    not the best wording there, there might be something mildly wrong with the unit if your expecting them to 'get their feet wet' :roll:

i ended up buying one of your PSU's in the end, and it is by far the best PSU i've ever owned, if it proves to be reliable i might end up going for thermaltake next time i buy one, thanks for the advice you gave me a few weeks ago:)

16. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    I was hoping someone would catch the pun... :) its all in good fun guys I try to keep it light you know.... Im trying to figure out whatever I can to help make some cool stuff for you guys.

Its really awesome to hear stories such as your PSU, thats really awesome and thank you for posting, and I hope people can see just because were a company you can still approach us, were people too :) if you have an issue with our stuff get ahold of us we are always happy to help however we can.

17. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    You know what Thermaltake can do for me?

Send me a full tower case free of charge. That would be awesome. VERY unlikely but very awesome.

Other than that. Nothing, I don't have any of your products.

18. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    I wish I could just hand out free product I really do, and thank you for the post.

19. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    More Customization:
    PS Case Color Choices
    Cable Sleeve Color Selection
    Cable Plug Color Selection
    Fan Upgrade choices
    Water Cooling Options

All of these options would of course come at a premium, but I think many enthusiasts would do this.

I know it's not hard to sleeve cables, but it's a PITA and I am lazy.

20. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Well I replaced the stock block that came with my Kandalf L.C.S case with an AC Kryos my point is the P500 pump is really not that efficient when it comes to the 3X120 Rad that comes with this case. As for temps I really don't see alot of difference using another water block. My point is well the P500 pump may be all well and good for say the Bigwater setup but the 3x120 rad on the Kandalf could use a little more "horsepower".
    I would happily buy a better pump for my TT loop if it was available. I just see your putting out new Resevoir/pump combos but still using the same P500 pump.

21. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    I love the new Arctic White Lvl10 GT. That is an amazing looking case.

22. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    haha, no worries.

You wouldn't happen to know if you have a case 44cm/17.5" tall or lower would you?

23. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Thats below the mid tower size, what kind of components are you looking to run? would a lanbox or Armor A30 work for you?

24. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    At the moment I have the Casecom 6788. It does the job, though I like to keep my options open. I have been looking at the NZXT Panzerbox, but it's just a smidge too tall.

25. Tt Enthusiasts

Thanks Received:
    Gimme some time let me see if we have anything that might match what your looking for.

WhiteLotus says thanks.