1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

what case??

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by _jM, Oct 12, 2008.

1. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    OK guys .. im bout to purchase an ass load of hardware for my new build.

The problem is that i cant make up my mind on what case to use. So I'll let you guys choose for me! I have 2 choices to pick from and here they are:

SilverStone: [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...cts_id=24494:b376a723a8c986d139c787bd8094c2c7

CoolerMaster:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=125&products_id=24173

If you guys are wondering why my links are to performance pcs.com its because i buy all my cases from them .. they are really great, for an extra 20$ or so they will fully sleve all the wires for you.(im lazy these days) lol And they are based out of Florida where im at and the shipping is lowww =]

The hardware Im buying is: MOBO: ASUS Maximus II Formula CPU: INTEL E8500 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (8gigs) VIDEO: ATI RADEON HD 4870x2 HDD: Western Digital VelociRaptor 150gb (will buy 2 for raid. can only afford 1 atm) Cooling : ASUS Silent Knight AL ( the black one .. not copper) PSU: ULTRA X3 1000 watt modular psu

After all is said and done i will be moving the rig over to water-cooling. Im just going air to keep the cost down till i can buy a second VelociRaptor and the WC hardware at a later date. When i get the products in I will be posting a work log. =]
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  2. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
  3. Altered

Altered

Thanks Received:
    I don't have one (probably never will :ohwell: ) but I like the looks of the Silverstone FT01 Fortress if the inside was blacked out. As far as functionality and how well they are built etc etc well as I said I never had one to play with.
  4. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:

The Silverstone has an all black inertior. =] check the link
  5. Altered

Altered

Thanks Received:
    Hmm I did it was a ad don't remember the site but it wasn't the FT01B-W that I saw. I saw a black version and looked at I think 19 pics it has silver(aluminum) color behind the mobo, and a few other places. That one you have there is just the way I would like one. Yup just by pics its nice. :D
    _jM says thanks.
  6. freaksavior

freaksavior To infinity ... and beyond!

Thanks Received:
    Coolermaster Stacker 832 or silverstone TJ07
    _jM says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. exo17 New Member

Thanks Received:
    +1 on the 832 or TJ07.. great cases
    _jM says thanks.
  8. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    i understand the TJ07 is a great case but its out of my price range. If i was going with a stacker it would be the one pictured above. Thanx for all the feed back. =]

Plus im going for somthing with an all black interior.
  9. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I'll say the Coolermaster... Also Newegg has it for $219... i see your in ocala so you probably will be going to them so you can pick it up right?
  10. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    No i wont go to pick it up cause i will be buying from performace pcs cause i can get ALL the wires sleeved for an extra 20$, and they are here in FL.
  11. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    That's what I ment. Your going there since you live by them. I got Compusa... I'd trade ya! lol
    _jM says thanks.
  12. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    I dont like PSs on the bottom (wastes a perfectly good exhaust fan) but of the 2 choices you picked
    I vote Silverstone here, its like comparing a Cadillac (CM) to a Bentley (Silverstone)
    _jM says thanks.
  13. dieselcat18

dieselcat18

Thanks Received:
    Both nice cases...Mid-Tower vs a Full-Tower...so I don't know if size is a determining factor for you.....I agree about the PS being located on the bottom, I would rather see it on top, but there are many who don't have any issue with that.
    If I had to choose one based on the photos and specs, it would be the Silverstone. It just oozes quality...would like to see that case in a full size tower.....very nice !.....:cool:

*+
  14. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    You are rite.. the SilverStone seems to be a better case as far as quality goes.As for size.. it doesnt matter.. I dont use more than 2 HDDs and 1 DVD burner , nor will i go SLI or Xfire. So i think ill go with the Silverstone case. If I go water-cooling ill use an external rad.. or mod the top-panel.

Thanks for your feed back, much appreciated! =]
    dieselcat18 says thanks.
  15. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ive made my mind.. Silverstone wins! Rig total cost= 2200$ usd

Now for the hard part.. convincing the wife that i need to buy this BEFORE Xmas.. lol
  16. dieselcat18

dieselcat18

Thanks Received:
    LOL.....I understand your delima.......;)

*+
    _jM says thanks.
  17. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Just tell your wife, that it will be good to have so you can make those GREAT home made video's for the holidays! :roll:
  18. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:

Its funny you said that. I've went that route and it didnt work.. at all. lol But some asshole rear-ended the wife today while I was at work. I got home and looked at the van and there is nothing wrong with the rear bumper. So I asked her how it happend.. ect and asked about the other person involved. She told me that the 20 yr old kid that hit her in the drive-thru at Taco Bell had no insurance nor a licences. So she pulls out this check in her purse for 1500$ The kid was soo afraid of going to jail that he wrote her a check to cover any damages. Turns out.. we are just going to pocket the cash. He even called and reminded us not to report the accident and that he would give us more cash as needed. LOL Hell if i was an asshole I would get him for the cost of my new build plus the second hdd and watercooling parts.. LOLS
    And there is NOTHING wrong with my bumper. So it looks as if I just might be able to buy this before xmas anyways .. :roll:
  19. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    have you cashed it yet to make sure its real and his LOL
  20. Altered

Altered

Thanks Received:
    No kidding. I hope she got his ID DL or something. I know of a guy that was writing checks that were not his. They were my dads. :( He bought a whole set of new tires for his 18wheeler and some other stuff before the law tracked him down. Turns out my 1/2 brother stole a whole book and was handing them out for favors.
  21. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    We got all his ID and a witness to the accident. And we followed him to the bank so they could print out a personal check for him to use , because he didnt have his book with him. So the bank knows whats going on too. He giving us part of his scholarship money he just got from FSU. Kid has a 25,000$ check in the bank that goes through tonite @ 12am. So he dated the check for friday just in case something happens . So the money will be there, we actually found some luck this year! But once we found out it was his scholarship money i felt kinda bad.. but oh well
  22. dieselcat18

dieselcat18

Thanks Received:
    I really don't understand, if there was no damage to your van why you would take any money from this person....I think most would look at it as, no harm, no foul....IMO you should have just let the incident go.
  23. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:

I'm glad to hear that your wife is good. That's the thing that matters... It's bad that it had to happen the way it did.. I remember backing out of a parking spot one day, and i put my car into drive, and as I did... boom... A girl at my school hit me... But, like you, she had wealthy parents so it was money in the hand... She tried to say sorry the next day... But.... Blonde.. Lol
    Well... looks like the system will be up soon! Can't wait my man. :toast:
  24. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    When i mean no damage.. he made a dent in my bumper but it isn't noticeable. The kid gave my wife the check to basically keep his ass out jail. And keep her from reporting it. She told me she didn't care .. but the kid insisted. What would you do? If he wants to basically give me free cash, then im taken it!
  25. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    take all 25k :D I need it :laugh: