1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What did you get?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by LAN_deRf_HA, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    We went fairly light this year, focusing on mostly stuff for the kids. However, I did get a new HTC Rezound Smartphone!
  2. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    AK and 600 rounds :)
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  3. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Why do you not give presents nor receive them?
  4. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    1character
  5. freakshow

freakshow

Thanks Received:
    Nothing.
  6. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Imo all people care about now at xmas is "what am I getting" I am not religious but I think this spoils/corrupts the whole meaning of xmas. Xmas now is just a big commercial greed fest, a time of excess and gluttony. I don't want none of that and I don't particulary participate in it any more. Think whatever you like about me, i don't care.

I know some people don't love xmas just for the stuff they will get, so please no one take offense at my feelings about xmas.
    Pariah36022 says thanks.
  7. specks

specks New Member

Thanks Received:
    You got some covers on youtube?

I know how you feel bro.
    freakshow says thanks.
  8. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Am i really that drunk and missed that? *goes back and checks*

No offense taken. Just found it a bit odd. Feel the same for birthdays? Graduations?
  9. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    I got $50 cash, some clothes, and a couple gift cards to food places.

Thats alright wasnt expecting much. However I did buy myself a couple SSDs and a 3rd monitor earlier this month so I consider those my big gifts to myself :)
  10. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Tbh I don't really do birthdays anymore either, once i got a a certain age, i just didn't really feel as it matters much anymore.

We don't really do graduations in the uk, plus i'm a tad old for that now ;)
  11. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    If I cant buy ur gift at the liquor store then u dont get a gift.. works for me
  12. rampage

Thanks Received:
    We dont much for xmas, we limit things to $20 and mostly its about all being together and what we all get up to, had lunch with my GF and her family and dinner with my mum (have not had a xmas with her in years) and my cousins.

went shooting the .308, had a quiet drink, ate a shit load of crayfish they caught just behind there place and mounted a 125cc bike motor to a ride on lawnmower.

earlier in the month i bought my self a "turbo still 500" so i could pump out some nice xmas vodka/ whisky/ etc

good time to be had and today im back at working like a boss (slave).
  13. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:

Nah. I save it for the stage. ;)

:roll:

Oh, wanna know what else I got today?

I got woken up @ 6 am by my 4 kids asking to open presents. Man, I wish I was still a kid. :banghead:
    specks and freakshow say thanks.
  14. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
  15. nt300

nt300

Thanks Received:
    BB Playbook....
  16. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    Galaxy S2.
  17. Maban

Maban

Thanks Received:
    Apart from cash and a gift card, each of which I really didn't want, I got my old 9600SE back. Was my very first GPU. It was actually my first ever PC component. I had given it to my uncle after I got an X850. Very glad to see it returned to me.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  18. OOZMAN

OOZMAN New Member

Thanks Received:
    Logitech M570 Trackball
    [​IMG]

It's taking some getting used to! (You move the cursor with the big blue ball, rather than moving the mouse, for those who don't know what a trackball is :))

It's ridiculously comfortable though.. by far the most comfort I've felt in a mouse
  19. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Nothing really tech related this year. New wedding band from the wife & a couple flicks. mom got me a nice blanket and a $25 amazon card, already bought Deus Ex HR with it. Nothing amusing that the community would enjoy but I LOVE my gifts and I know they both worked hard to get them. Mainly the best gift I got this year was just spending the morning watching flicks with the wife.

Don't worry though my "tech related" gifts come after Christmas with my holiday pay from work. Worked both today and will be on New Years Day.
  20. Sinzia

Thanks Received:
    I was able to spend time with my GF, who just came home from being deployed in the navy, that's the most important thing to me.

My parents gave me some money, I think I'll use it to help pay for the engagement ring I'm thinking of.
    BrooksyX and JrRacinFan say thanks.
  21. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    It's an honor and I respect her.

EDIT:

Oh I also got Renegade Ops from MT_Alex! He's awesome! :rockout:
  22. exodusprime1337

exodusprime1337

Thanks Received:
    i think someone is watching over me this year for xmas. The last two years have beenr rocky in regards to my relationship with my family and this was the first year that i included myself in the festivities. I only shop for my nieces and nephews, as i feel like i get to a certain age and xmas is all about the kids. I also spent my first xmas single in 10 years. My previous gf actually has accounts here on the forums and would come here and get you guys to give her advice(i'll always owe erocker for that). So i bought a lot of gifts for my various nieces and nephews, but what i got i totally didn't expect

I got gift certs, 100 to macy's(dad thinks my style sux... true there dad), 50 to bestbuy
    my boss got me a 500 dollar gift card to newegg which is awesome because now i can buy my asrock extreme7 and new ram for my i7 2700k that's sitting on my computer desk that was also an early xmas present from my cousin.
    Other than that i got a new colubia fleece jacket, a scarf i've been dying to own, kangol winter cap and a new otterbox for my iphone

The reason i feel so blessed this xmas is that i sat up on sat night adding my hardware to my cart on newegg prepared to spend my leftover xmas money that i put away for the kids to buy my new mobo and ram. it wasn't till like 4:30 am est that i realized that i would need a new water block because i can't find an adapter kit for my d-tek fuzion v2, so instead of looking further i called it quits for the night. It wasn't till today that my boss sent me the email with the subject "this email contains awesome" and then called me right after and mentioned he overheard me talking to a coworker about buying a new mobo and ram and hoped i hadn't done so. Now that stuff is ordered, i'm still looking for the waterblock, suggestions welcome and if you have one for sale that's lga 1155 compatible and want to ship overnight lemme know!!!!

Merry christmas everyone

p.s. short true story in regards to Merry Christmas not being politcally correct.

I hate to go on a rant here, but i was walking through the mall on sat which is a horrible idea this time of years. While leaving the store i held the door for a young woman whom i considered to be quite attractive. I'm usually pretty chivilrous anyways and like the idea that a man should hold a door for a woman so this was nothing special. As she walked by she stopped and said thank you. Not the just casual thank you, the one someone does when they truly feel like someone has helped them out. I replied with a "you're welcome, and Merry Christmas". Well apparently that pissed her off, because instead of just walking off she decided to block the door that i'm not holding open to tell me that should probably say Happy Holidays because that is the politically correct thign to say. Short ending here. I said "Go F*ck Yourself" and unceremoniously removed my foot from stopping the door to which it closed rather quickly and knocked her back and almost off her feet.

Question.. Am i really being politically incorrect.. I support christmas.. I don't even support religion.. i border on agnostic and athiest. I support christmas for the comradery and romance that comes with it. The family bonds the seemingly strengthen and of course the smiles it brings giving my nieces and nephews presents. WTF is wrong with people?

sorry for the long rant.. it just started to get to me as i read this thread and thought about my gift getting experiences this year.
    BrooksyX says thanks.
  23. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    $125 cash, a tin of CAO Moontrance cigars, and a LaRue Tactical 2011 Christmas dillo. Not complaining, I expected less actually.

Exodus, I feel you there. That PC bullshit is, well, bullshit. It started as Christmas, and I will continue to say Christmas. Just because someone gets their panties in a bunch because they don't believe in God, or whatever their reasoning, doesn't mean the name and meaning of Christmas should be derailed into something completely neutral for everyone else. People need to quit trying to change the world over stupid shit like this and live with it. I wouldn't get pissed off if someone said happy Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or whatever to me. I can be neutral towards others when they're happy about something I don't celebrate or care about. Maybe if all that pantie-twisterry were directed to changing something that was a real problem...
    exodusprime1337 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Pair of Wrangler 5 star Jeans
    Pair of Wrangler Carpenter Jeans
    1 Black Long Sleeve Collard Wrangler Shirt
    1 Mossy Oak Shirt
    Stocking Stuffers
    Red Nintendon 3DS
    Sonic Colors DS