1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What does this mean for my card?

Discussion in 'ATITool' started by Troyka86, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Troyka86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey everyone. I am kinda a newb at this stuff so bare with me. When I run the ATI Tool to scan for artifacts it keeps flashing yellow all over the cube. and it says Delta of (x) in (x) pixels. Does this mean that the card is defective? Has anyone else had this issue?
  2. grazzhoppa New Member

Thanks Received:
    edit: Just read your other post and found out you have a 9600 pro.
    Anyway, try out the old scanning method just for the hell of it and see if there's a drastic change in the yellow dots on the cube. And could you tell us a bit about your computer, like did you build it yourself or is it a Dell...how many fans are on the case, etc? If it's a prebuilt computer from Dell, Gateway, HP, etc there's a chance it's overheating - they pack those cases tight and try to keep them quiet with as few fans as possible.

---
    That's supposed to mean ATItool has found an artifact and supposedly your card is overheating. When you mean flashing yellow over the cube, do you see tons of yellow dots or just a few? If your card works fine on the desktop and in 3D games, then it's probably some issue with ATItool.

I think there's a problem with the x1800 cards where ATItool falsely says there's artifacts. Try out the "Use old (more compatible?) scanning method" option under Settings > Artifact Scanning; it may help. And look in the ATItool Beta Area forum for updates on that issue.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  3. Troyka86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks

Hey...thanks for the help...my computer is as follows
    MoBo: abit kn8
    Processor: 64 bit 3700+ (OC from 2.4 to 2.7)
    Ram: gig of ddr 400
    2 case fans: 120mm intake from back 80mm exaust at side across from processor.
    Thermaltake heatsink/fan (works great)
    500 watt ultra xconnect PSU
    I think that is all you would need to know?

I built it myself about a month and a half ago. I haven't had problems until just recently. I have no problems running games, but I did notice (and just minorly) there are a couple of red dots (in the whole movie) when I watch a divx. The Yellow dots are sometimes blotches. I have always had problems with the artifacts even at the stock speeds. I ordered the iceq x700 last night and I will be selling the 9600pro really soon...so I guess it won't be my problem anymore :)...Thanks again for the help and if you have any more input fill me in.