1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What if you made your case waterproof and filled it with 100% pure deionized water?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by vawrvawerawe, Nov 13, 2012.

1. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Yea I wouldn't have done that but since he was plainly told by peet to google videos and such then plainly asked for links, it was kind of a good follow up.

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    yeah he got what he deserved. and i am sure if someone was genuinely asking for something peet / brandon would have helped out.

i remember peet stayed up one night just to help me fix this chinese mp4 player XD
    kudos :toast:

3. vawrvawerawe

Thanks Received:
    thanks for the help guys. build is almost finished

4. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    Don't submerge it in anything deionized water will not work in fact the minute it is free to the air its not deionized anymore. Things are a gimmick. If you want a gimmick buy some iCrap.

vawrvawerawe says thanks.
  5. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    pictures please. of your ongoing work. im sure a lot of people would love to see the progress.

6. vawrvawerawe

Thanks Received:
    All the items are still shipping. Should receive most things this week and the rest next week. I'll be sure to post pictures in the build thread in my signature :)

Thinking of making youtube videos too, to help newbies do it and benefit from my prior experience combined with everything I have learned here :)

7. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    ahh, you said build is almost finished. that usually implies that its near completion. my bad.

8. vawrvawerawe

Thanks Received:
    After I have all the pieces it's just putting them together. Easy ;)
    So the most complicated and time consuming part for me was just finding what to buy. Once I have all the pieces it will likely be finished the same day.

9. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    It's been my understanding that if you mount a rad you can get decent cooling and good clocks even if temps don't appear to be super low due to the extreme evenness of the temperatures. This is with the oil. Anything water never works because pure water leeches everything it contacts. It will pull impurities from the surface of every component. Might works for a few minutes before shorting.