• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What is the best settings for i3 10100F?

emirduman1

My CPU is i3 10100F. Couple days ago, i changed my thermal paste with Arctic MX-6. I hoped for some heat to decrease but i got my hopes up in vain.

Before thermal paste change, 10100F reached 85-92 Celcius in game. Without any load, it reaches 40-72.
After thermal paste, 10100F reached 80-85 Celcius. Without any load, it reaches 40-65

So i wanted to do some undervolt or something. I changed things in Throttlestop, can u guys check if i did anything wrong or any suggestions?

Clamp settings was 65-90, i changed it to 65-65.

1716309376403.png

@unclewebb i appreciate if u have any suggestions

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
can u guys check if i did anything wrong or any suggestions?
I cannot make any voltage suggestions when you do not post a screenshot of the FIVR window.

Core temperature under 100°C are normal operating temperature for an Intel CPU. What problem are you trying to solve? You need to buy a better heatsink if you want to see lower temperatures. This will only make your computer run faster if you have a throttling problem. A CPU does not care if it is running at 70°C, 80°C, 90°C or even 99°C. Your Intel CPU will be running at its maximum speed if it is running at any temperature under 100°C.

Without any load, it reaches 40-72.
What is your definition of without any load? If the core temperatures are going up to 72°C when you are sitting idle at the desktop then guaranteed, you have something running in the background that you are not aware of. Use the Task Manager or Process Explorer to find and eliminate useless background tasks.

emirduman1

I cannot make any voltage suggestions when you do not post a screenshot of the FIVR window.

Core temperature under 100°C are normal operating temperature for an Intel CPU. What problem are you trying to solve? You need to buy a better heatsink if you want to see lower temperatures. This will only make your computer run faster if you have a throttling problem. A CPU does not care if it is running at 70°C, 80°C, 90°C or even 99°C. Your Intel CPU will be running at its maximum speed if it is running at any temperature under 100°C.

What is your definition of without any load? If the core temperatures are going up to 72°C when you are sitting idle at the desktop then guaranteed, you have something running in the background that you are not aware of. Use the Task Manager or Process Explorer to find and eliminate useless background tasks.

It's not constantly runs at 70 degree, while watching videos or something, it goes up 60-65 degree for a second. I'm just checking temps in Throttlestop.

I did -130 CPU Core Offsett Voltage but nothing changed. It didn't work so i reset the settings.

If you're saying, "temps are normal, 80-85 degree is not dangerous in load" then everything is ok to me too. My concern is, while i'm playing game, CPU stock fan starts to run at high speed so that's makes noise and scares me.

Here is FIVR tab.

1716318461989.png

unclewebb

I did -130 CPU Core Offset Voltage but nothing changed.
Did you offset undervolt both the core and the cache? You have to do both or nothing will happen. Try setting both to -100 mV and see if that reduces your CPU temperatures. These values should show up in the FIVR monitoring table as soon as you press the Apply button. Most guides and YouTube videos show this.

The Intel fan is noisy at high temperatures. That is why most people do not run the Intel heatsink and fan. It is designed to be almost barely adequate. For less irritating noise, buy a decent air cooler with a low noise fan. It is worth it in the long run.

emirduman1

Did you offset undervolt both the core and the cache? You have to do both or nothing will happen. Try setting both to -100 mV and see if that reduces your CPU temperatures. These values should show up in the FIVR monitoring table as soon as you press the Apply button. Most guides and YouTube videos show this.

The Intel fan is noisy at high temperatures. That is why most people do not run the Intel heatsink and fan. It is designed to be almost barely adequate. For less irritating noise, buy a decent air cooler with a low noise fan. It is worth it in the long run.
Sorry i forgot to give you all informations.

Before the thermal paste apply, i tried -130 -80 / -120 - 75 / -110 -70 Core and Cache. Result was okay for a while but after couple days or quitting game, it instantly gives blue screen. Says "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR".

But as you say, i will try again -100 for both. I will give results to you.

By the way, should i reset all settings i did before for undervolt the Core and Cache? In first image, i did some settings as you can see.

Last edited:

unclewebb

blue screen
Any blue screens means your CPU needs more voltage. If you were getting a blue screen at -110 mV core and -70 mV cache then try -60 mV for the cache. I would set both voltages to the same value until you find a point where you are 100% stable with no crashes. Once you find stability, then you can try using more core offset. The TS Bench 960M is a good quick test to check for basic stability.

I hate to tell you this but the 10100F is pretty much the bottom of the barrel. Intel's decision to sell a CPU as a 10100F is only because it was not good enough to be sold as anything else. That means it may not be able to run reliably with a big undervolt.

It is OK to leave both power limits Clamped at 65W if the default settings were causing too much heat.