1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What is the most optimal way to have the fans on the Antec Kühler 620?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by SaiZo, Nov 24, 2012.

1. SaiZo

SaiZo

Thanks Received:
    Ok, so I got the Antec Kühler 620 :toast:
    Problems? Well, the guy in the hardware store told me the most optimal thing is to have the fans sucking cold air through the fan and into the case.

I want to modify the case a bit, so I can have the radiator on the outside instead of inside the case. Also, what is the most optimal way to have the fans? blowing through and out or as he said - into the case?

The graphics card develops some heat, so he might be right and I could be wrong.

Haven't done any modifications as yet, waiting for an answer from an expert (that would be one of you)..
  2. TRWOV

TRWOV

Thanks Received:
    If you can, put two fans on it (push-pull).
    SaiZo says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    Well I recently upgraded to a closed loop cooler and just like you I got advised to install the fans as intake - I did this and temps was horrible but I did leave them like that for a day to see if it needed time to settle or whatever but nothing changed so I switched the fans to exhaust and ofcourse the temps fell.
    SaiZo says thanks.
  4. SaiZo

SaiZo

Thanks Received:
    Many thanks!
    Also, I got this O-ring with the package, and strangely enough - was a part not even listed in the manual :confused: It does fit on the rings to hold the cooler itself in place, but nothing even on Antec's site..

EDIT: I found what that plastic O-ring was for. Nevermind that question..
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  5. xxdozer322

xxdozer322

Thanks Received:
    yeah i have a push/pull config on mine, the fans are pushing air out of my case.
    SaiZo says thanks.
  6. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I really can't think of any situation where blowing hot air into the case would be "optimal".
    SaiZo says thanks.
  7. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    I would orient the fans as an exhaust imo. That way the airflow from the front of the case or wherever the intake is, will not be obstructed from another intake source from the back.

My 620's fans are oriented as an exhaust having air go from inside the case, through the rad and to the outside. I've got the standard Antec fan as the pull fan (attached to the case), then the rad and then a Noctua P12 as the push fan.

I think from memory the instructions also say to have the 620 intaking air from the outside (like the guy at the store told you) but I would just ignore that.

Enjoy the 620 :D
    SaiZo says thanks.